Was that the Doorbell?

Started by indierik, February 12, 2009, 03:39:44 PM

indierik

DBGA104!
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've decided to finish many of my old ideas I've written over the last 8 years or so, before I got this amazing piece of equipment..the Micro BR. I often have to relearn them, which sometimes causes them to mutate into something very different. I have to say, it's been pretty exciting exploring this process of creating, or rather recreating, and watching it change and develop into some new. I'm especially happy with the ending, this is what mutated the most from the original piece. And, as always, it could use some bass and vocals.

The title is temporary: The harmonics in the beginning reminded me of a doorbell, (also thought of "Come On In") and seeing as the song has a very chill, and jovial grove to it, it made me of inviting friends over... drinking beer, and sharing a good conversation.

anyways...
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferryman_1957

Love it! Catchy, fun, I love those neat guitar parts. And the harmonics are very nice. If I could play much bass (hand still out of action) I'd have a shot, but I'm sure Flash will be along soon....

Cheers,

Nigel

hardlock

Nice piece!  Lyrics jumping out of it all over the place.  Bet ORH will jump all over it.  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

indierik

Yeah, I agree this piece needs lyrics. Ahh if only I could write.. and sing.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Greeny

This is a great track - you've put it together really well, and there's a lot going on, but it all works. Spot on production, I'd say. The natural harmonics are beautiful, and just need bass and vocals to compliment them. Could be a cracker...  ;)

guitarron

nice song indierik
good harmonics fits nice-needs the orh touch

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Well Done  8) I am looking forward to hearing some Bass and Vox...

Oldrottenhead

hi rik this is going straight to my mbr, need to  empty my sd card first but first listen and im getting ideas, love this one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

I too love this one...
This is right on the money!
Nice guitar work too, by the way!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

come inside
Time:
0:00
Volume:
have added a vocal a bit of a twist in the tale at the end.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann