Cybergirl - Parachutes - A Song from DrZiggy, with musical parts.

Started by DrZiggy, February 04, 2013, 07:53:55 AM

DrZiggy

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Ha ha,

This is one when it seems two songs can be welded together to make something a little different and possibly better than the two halves - you might say, well anything is better than them lol.

Sun is out and I have just taken delivery of my Akai Headrush, so time for some fun with delays!

Hope you are all well? anyone published yet?!! raking in the millions?

Tony  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1180
Follow me and I'll follow you!
Facebook:Tony Joyce Twitter @MargaretMJoyce
Web http://www.margaretmjoyce.com

Farrell Jackson

Hi DrZiggy.....I like your percussive acoustic rhythm style. It's used to good effect here. My opinion is there's nothing wrong at all with taking two song ideas and putting them together. I've taken up to three and put them together....better than leaving them on the shelf, lol. Yours fit fine here...well done.

Am I published and making millions? We'll here's some lyric lines from my song Change Of View  "I've stopped smoking cigarettes, got my music on the net. Haven't made my millions yet...but who knows what is next ?" That pretty much sums it up for me, lol.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

DrZiggy

Hey Farrell and Hook was just gonna touch you for a loan if you were multi-millionaires, ;-)
Driving 16 cars, everybodies got 
a drug dealer on speed dial!

Tony hic...

recorder
Boss BR-1180

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Yep, cool song.

And no, me neither. But I am, of course, rich in so many ways that cannot be measured so easily (or at least, my missus tells me I am)(by the way, I met her on the interweb, never thought of her as a cybergirl, though!)

Do you know something? Aside from cyber- and mention of parachutes in the lyrics, I cannot hear the join. I was expecting some slightly clunky change between two obvious parts after your description. But they've fitted together real nice.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

DrZiggy

Thanks Geir

And AndyR...

I was trying to write something to tell a story, nowhere near but Ray Davies style. Or Squeeze with a modern twist.

I am afraid I have plied my wares on the internet to some success but it is autobiographical having had an 18 month relationship with a woman I met on line, who then went back on-line and met a plumber.

I am sure her tubes are well serviced.

Ha ha, drum roll only joking, thanks for the comments, I really liked the song 'Parachutes' and then 'Cybergirl' was just kicking around my head and luckily the chords went together.

The line 'Are we too damaged to continue' was said to me by a girl in 2005. Life -Art it is the same thing!

Tony :-)
recorder
Boss BR-1180

Hilary

Hi Tony, yes a great idea to sandwich the 2 together and I enjoyed the listen. I'm guessing it didn't take you long to make your move :) but in all fairness to your x, it is really difficult to get hold of a decent plumber.

A line from my song - "Maybe I'll f*ck off and get a proper job, because I'm sick of being ignored and life's just sh*t" - probably sums up my musical endeavours.

This time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

DrZiggy

Lol. Yeh if you get a good plumber for your pipes - stick to him!

Thanks Haylie!

Tony :-)
recorder
Boss BR-1180

SwanSong

HI Dr Ziggy wonderful song enjoyed it  .wish u all could make
millions  on the net. oh well . such is life 2 thumbs up for this
though . cheers NEIL .!