Doof Doof Doof Music - odh original

Started by ODH, January 30, 2013, 01:50:50 PM

ODH

Put your hands up if you like clubbing...

Okay, not many

Leave them up if you like the music they play there...

Right

Okay finally keep them up if you ONLY like that type of music...

No?  Thought not.

I honestly thought that nobody actually liked dance music, until I met Carl.  Carl was a guy - around 30 - who loved dance music to the exclusion of all other types.  I used to sit next to him at work.  He would sit at his desk listening to dance music on his iPod.  All day, left to his own devices.  Seriously.

He was known for it. People would talk about how he liked that "doof-doof-doof" music.  Which is what got me started on this song.

Now I quite like a bit of the stuff myself from time to time, maybe some dubstep or somesuch, but I'd really not call myself a fan of it, much less the dance culture which goes with it.

This song is about the (UK) dance culture.

In fact I've been evolving this off and on for months now.  Carl emigrated to Australia, decided it wasn't for him and moved back in the time it's taken me to finish this.

The first original song I've finished for ages

Doof Doof Doof
odh original
Time:
0:00
Volume:

And now the weekend's here
Her drives around the town
He's got the volume up
And the windows down
And yes he plays it loud
And if the music's crap
Well he still wears it proud
Just like his baseball cap

And now the weekend's here
They like to large it big
Three thousand in a field
And one gigantic rig
And still at dawn they dance
But now they're off their face
The garage, house and trance
And the drum'n'bass

I CAN'T WAIT
No I can't wait until the weekend comes
Got to Have it now

I FEEL GREAT
I get excited when the sun goes down
Got to have it now

The beat never stops
It's swirling round and round
The tempo never drops
It's just like pow-pow-pound
Together and alone
Communication's out
So many decibels
Too loud to hear them shout
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

andy casson

Bloody superb! Very clever Nick, I had my hands down for all those Q&A's, but I really enjoyed this, great arrangement, and clever lyrics....doof doof doof

andy

Flash Harry

I agree with Andy, it's wry and funny and engaging. Well written and performed. Bloody fantastic.

I love the way the voices move around the soundscape and the way it builds and then falls back.

Love it.  Piepod bound and it's the only dance music (except faithless) on there.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

maxit

when a song it does work, it does work- whatever the genre ;-)
another doof doof doof fan here LOL
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

i had my hands down for all the questions too, but you got me clapping to this one. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

My hands were down too but yeah Doof Doof Doof got me...
Quote from: maxit on January 31, 2013, 02:39:12 AMwhen a song it does work, it does work- whatever the genre ;-)
another doof doof doof fan here LOL

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

ODH

Thanks all.

For what it's worth my hands were down for all three questions also. Maybe a slight reaction on the second one.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Greeny

This is great! Excellent lyrics and some clever observations. I did like that low bass throb too and the anthemic builds. I have to admit I got into Chemical Brothers and Faithless at a certain point, and even made some Amsterdam speed garage style songs myself. I was listening to that kind of stuff in Amsterdam though, and under a certain kind of influence(!), this kind of music starts to make a lot of sense ;-)

Certain songs in this genre are ones I still find amazing... especially 'Professional Widow' by Tori Amos.

Greeny

I also want to hear the DJ Pony remix of this... hoof hoof hoof

kenny mac

The rap on this reminds me very much of world in motion (singing for England ).