"Wastin' Away" a Hook original

Started by Hook, January 19, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

wonderful

I guess you have about the same temperature outside as we have indoors ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Beautiful! Simple, organic and so well done. Great lyrics too!

Simon M

Like a journal entry of your day. Very folky and well done. Love the fact this is a true "field" recording, the birds add to that too. There was an English folk group called Heron who recorded outside and it does give a very different vibe to the recording, not just the outside noises but the way you perform it too. Damn cold here though to attempt that at the moment though. Maybe in 6 months might give it a try.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Hook, you're writing some great stuff at the moment and I love simplicity of this. The photo reminds me of a holiday I spent in a hunters cabin on the Restigouche in New Brunswick. Spent the day looking for hollow logs to make a chimney and the nights drinking and singing. Happy days...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

The tweeting birds and the intimate nature of the song almost give it a modern day "Blackbird" feel.

Just a beautiful song Hook, you really captured something with the outdoor recording here.

I was trying to work out what you had tattooed on your leg too :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Just getting to this one, lovely.  I get a great feeling listening to this as the snow howls outside.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

This is brilliant!! Beautiful song! Nice acoustics in your outdoor studio :). Enjoyable listening!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

scratchy

i think this wonderful song really sums up why this site and the mbr is such a hit. it is amazing how you can record this in your backyard and make everyone feel like they have joined you around your campfire. love this intimate performance. beautiful in its simplicity.

Nelson

My Oh My
Just loved the intimacy of the piece.
Excellent performance, touching sentiment.

Hat's off to ,Sir.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600