dreams (hold you) drunken piano version by SE and oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 13, 2013, 06:33:33 AM

Oldrottenhead

dreams wi keys
Time:
0:00
Volume:
original version is here https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15729.0 when we did this way back, i drunkenly added some piano from my juno di. john (se) quite rightly preffered the version minus the keys. but i have a soft spot for this version. so john said was ok to post.

dreams (hold you)
music
by
SE
lyrics
by
oldrottenhead
bass and guitars
by
SE
keys and vox
by
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Just listened to both versions and, although I prefer the other version, I think this one has some potential. The sound of the piano works well with the song but I think it would take a more skilful pianist than you or I to pull it off properly. Good idea though, and your piano playing isn't bad considering the alcofluence of the incohol.  hic!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

bruno

I don't think that I caught the original - lovely spanish back feel to this - lovely track. Nicely done guys.

64G - a picture with Newquay Brown Ale??? This time in the morning!! Urgg - for me NBA is one of those mystery beers, I wonder why people drink it  ;D ;D ;D - there again, each to their own ....

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

Fantastic composition! Really like the melody and - agree with the Spanish feel on some spots!! Piano sounds great on this!! Well done, both of you!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

ODH

I didn't catch the sans-piano version either, but I'm liking the laid back feel of this one.

Quote from: bruno on January 15, 2013, 11:48:21 PMNewquay Brown Ale???

It's a pint of Tribute in Newquay, surely?  Or better still, pear Rattler.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter