New project, new song.... anyone want to add?

Started by dragonshade, February 10, 2009, 12:09:56 PM

The Reverend 48

glad you liked my vibe..........being a simple old bluesman  ;)
all this mixing and mastering stuff is losing me.........what do l need to do next to help?

dragonshade

Ferryman....  Very cool. I am now looking forward to your creation, sounds different, and yet similiar in some ways. I may take you up on the bass, and I'm very interested in the vox effects... curious.

Mike... Hell yeah man. Just sit tight for now. I want to see what Ferryman has got in mind  ;). Though I will call on ya to do the vocals one more time probably. Do you still have the vocal track (just your vocals) from the one you posted?

Here things are a little further along. The 3 main runs are done, and now I have to figure out what I want for the last 25 seconds or so...

(Again, this is a "clean" copy that be added to and remastered)

Ferryman

If Mike can extract the vocals from his version I may be able to add them to this new version you posted. I've been playing around with adding effects and using the mastering effects to change the vocals, and could envisage doubling Mike's vocal and using a processesd vocal against his original to create an eerie effect.

Just let me know if you'd like me to do some bass as well. It'll have to be after my business trip next week though.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

RevHeadRaZ

Quote from: forte8 on February 13, 2009, 11:05:18 AMI've added a little dark nonsense :P
And left plenty of room a fret bending solo ;)......

cool  8) That really fits well!
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

dragonshade

Chrome1basicsoloideashortcopy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have really taken a break from this recently, but am coming back to it. Never having written a solo, and being so weak on theory I've been more studying leads and cramming scale theory than anything else. I have laid down a basic idea of what I want at the end. I'm going to have to go over and work it, but this will be close to the final. I think I'll add one more decending run at the end to finish it... a lower one, and some other small changes. I've clipped this to right before the solo stuff to save those poor souls who have heard this track a million times. I'll post the final when it's ready, thanks for riding along.

Ray

Nigel.... I would love to hear what you add, when you can of course my friend. Let me know when you're ready and I'll shoot you a "clean" copy.

The Reverend 48

guitarron

really like the direction this went-nice work to all

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dragonshade

Lol.. you guys are fast  ;)

Hey thanks, caught me as I was downloading Audacity to shorten the clip.  ;D

RevHeadRaZ

this is comin along nicely dude, it's got a great overall sound.
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

Ferryman

Quote from: dragonshade on February 23, 2009, 06:44:49 AMNigel.... I would love to hear what you add, when you can of course my friend. Let me know when you're ready and I'll shoot you a "clean" copy.

Ray,

This is sounding really good. It doesn't want an OTT solo IMO - keep it melodic, this is working well. Can you post the WAV files on something like SkyDrive? See here for info on how to do this:

http://microrecorders.org/community/collaborations/collaboration-tips-and-tricks/0/

I can access these when I get back from my travels at the weekend and have a play with them.

I have a grandiose concept album underway (well my current project would be the first track) based on "The King In Yellow" by Robert W Chambers. This might fit quite nicely into that if you and Chrome would be up for it....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR