My Pleasure Pill (redone 5.1.13)

Started by Hilary, January 04, 2013, 11:51:18 AM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

HomeMadeFest (banner image missing)

I thought it would be a fun idea to take the random shopping list that Chezedog found and make into a song and use it as the basis for my song (with CD's blessing). I made the loop in Thumbjam (it's the only thing I know how to loop on) with my voice and a sweet jar lid, + 2 vocals on internal BR mics et voila.

It's about compulsive eating . . .

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Very cool and creative!
Fest On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Sorry to be critical of your effort Haylie but, in the interest of getting the festival off to a good start, I have to point out that this isn't what we had in mind for Home Made Fest. The idea is to make music using only everyday household objects. While your sweets jar is an everyday household object, tapping eighth notes on it isn't very musical. It's really more of a click track or metronome. We were hoping for at least some interesting rhythms produced with household objects, and we'd also like to see some attempt at a bit of melody. For example, you could make a simple bass line by blowing across the mouth of a beer bottle. Or stretch some rubber bands over an empty container and strum or pluck them. This festival is all about using our imaginations. So have a look through the drawers and cupboards of your kitchen or wherever and see what you can come up with to make some interesting music.

Of course, once you've recorded some homemade music in this way, you can certainly record vocals over it. But just vocals over a click track will not be enough for future submissions to this festival. I'll let this one go - it can stay in the festival. But I hope everyone will use their imagination and put more of an effort into the backing music of future posts for Home Made Fest.

You'll find plenty of ideas online if you Google homemade musical instruments. And it doesn't have to be difficult. Many of the pages you'll find are intended as simple crafts for kids, so anyone should be able to make them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hilary

I appreciate your comments 64, I have no problem if you want to take it off - that's fine by me :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Chezedog

If only the author of this list knew what things it inspired!  ;D

bruno

On hell-of-a-trip Haylie!  ;D ;D ;D
Mr B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

What a track Haylie!!! :) :) :) . This is almost acapella!! Very creative and now this is an ear worm - it is catchy as well :)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Much better. Jukebox updated with the new version.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

fenderbender

Brilliant Haylie
like this version.
any chance of posting me a pack of those -
I could pay you by  payfriend/pal mate what ever  ;D

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800