'Cracks in the Glaze'

Started by Greeny, February 10, 2009, 03:23:38 AM

dragonshade

Loved it Greeny. Wonderful sound. Was that one of your childred at the beginning of the track??

Hate to repeat everyone, but damn, yes it does sound Lenonish.... it doesn't get much better than that.

AlchemyMN

Brilliant.  8)

I especially like the tasty background vocals.  Very well done.

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on February 10, 2009, 05:02:37 AMExcellent - love the lyrics. Nicely done, effective, simple structure and very poignant. I also liked the little intro sounds. I was playing around with this kind of thing and wish I'd put something at the start of the track I posted recently (found some nice Paris cafe noises). This gives an atmospheric opening to the track.

What vocal effect did you use? The vox come across nice and clearly.

Cheers,

Nigel

I just found the intro on a free sound effect download site a while back. There was just something strange about it that I liked. We've been having some fun on the Jemima's Kite songs with sound clips, so it seemed like a good time to give it an airing. I added this via mp3 import in the BR, but I think it's a lot easier (like OldRottenHead) to use cubase or something.

The vocals are done on 'Onboard1' for the lead vocal and 'Delay1' for the backing vocals.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone...  :)

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: Greeny on February 10, 2009, 12:49:43 PMI just found the intro on a free sound effect download site a while back. There was just something strange about it that I liked. We've been having some fun on the Jemima's Kite songs with sound clips, so it seemed like a good time to give it an airing. I added this via mp3 import in the BR, but I think it's a lot easier (like OldRottenHead) to use cubase or something.

Ooh, interesting. Could you post a link to that sound effects site in another thread (perhaps under general to stop this going off topic). I was getting stuff off YouTube and feeding that to line in, but it was too late as I'd mastered the track. But it made me have a Brian Eno moment and as I can't play guitar or bass at present I thought I might create a soundcsape collage for a simple track.

Thanks for the vox info btw.

Cheers,

Nigel

Greeny

It was a while ago that I got this sound, but I think I have some links to free sites like that. Will have a look when I get back to work later in the week.

Sounds like a good project - you'll find a lot of free stuff out there to feed it. I find that whole area of song composition really interesting.

I've also tried the 'line in' route via the headphone socket of the TV and CD player, and it definitely works. You just need a double ended connector lead (like the ones that connect mp3 players to speakers etc).

Super 8

This is exceptionally good Greeny!  You should be getting huge royalty cheques in the post.  Keep 'em coming!
Trip
[www.myspace.com/super8musicuk] 

tafka

just search..."dark harvest" if you want to hear .......
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

BossMicroBRew

Hey man. Always do enjoy your stuff. Another download for the player. How much does it cost?!? I must add this sounds wonderfully mastered.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

I don't know how you keep doing it over and over again. Your hits are wonderful.  It's to bad we don't have and internet billboard chart.
P.J.

lg

An internet Billboard Chart....Hummmm Good Idea!
Greeny would almost always be at the top.
LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!