Need help with my Sony ECM DS70P mic

Started by casioboywonder, February 09, 2009, 01:36:43 PM

casioboywonder

Hey Everyone.

Could use some help with my new Sony ECM mic.
I got it off Ebay, and hooked up it just hitting the EXT function.
Worked and sounded beautiful.

Came back an hour later and it stopped working.

I actually sent it back to the seller and just received a bran new one...SEALED, and it doesn't seem to work AT ALL!?!?!

Is there another function other than the EXT button that I am supposed to be hitting or could I have hit something by accident?

OR could I of just bought a bogus mic from a bogus seller??

Please help.

jason.

hewhoiscalledj

you have to set the External Mic power to ON since it requires 2.5v

Press Utility / scroll right till you see Ext Mic Power (something like that) / then hit "+" to turn it ON.

other than that, make sure you have the INPUT level up and have it plugged in. i forget this step myself on many occasions and have recorded dead air.

guitarron

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on February 09, 2009, 02:01:12 PMyou have to set the External Mic power to ON
when i bought my $2 mic from china(plus $8 shipping) mine didnt work either and i went all Mcgyver on them-had all disasembled when i realized the power was not on.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

casioboywonder

That was it.
You all are the best!

I was about to get mideveil on them!!!

64Guitars

Don't forget to turn the plug-in power off before connecting anything other than your Sony mic to the LINE IN/MIC jack. Also, the plug-in power status is saved separately for each song and defaults to off. So, if you turn it on in one song, then switch to another song or create a new song, the plug-in power may be off. It would be a good idea to get in the habit of always checking the plug-in power setting before you connect anything to the LINE IN/MIC jack. If you're connecting the Sony mic, turn the plug-in power on. If you're connecting anything else (dynamic mic, iPod, CD player, etc.) turn the plug-in power off.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

guitarron

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 09, 2009, 09:42:48 PMthe plug-in power status is saved separately for each song and defaults to off. So, if you turn it on in one song, then switch to another song or create a new song, the plug-in power may be off.

That's a pain around a campfire i found out

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

casioboywonder

Thank you all for the advice + the help.
Hopefully I'll post a song real soon.

alopix

New to this forum  thanks a lot for the same issue i had.

Oldrottenhead

i was recording my friends gig on saturday night and after a few beers forgot to turn it on for his finale oops i did it again. was bat out of hell so 8 or 9 mins of dead air.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann