Main Menu

Late Again!

Started by bruno, December 21, 2012, 04:27:32 PM

bruno

64G -  ;D ;D, exporting from the 1600 can sometimes go wrong (finger trouble on my part) - never can get that right, and normally am too exited of posting the track at that point to go through the whole process again by the time I realise. I really aught to work out how to edit in GarageBand, laziness on my part!!!

I must admit to really like the sound, its a bit of a revelation recording at really very low volumes, with a really close condenser mike. I always thought you really had to crank an amp to get a decent sound, however its is as low as I can get the amp, so its barely on. The distortion is from the Nova, have been experimenting with the Tonebone as well, and that sounds pretty decent. One problem is that that the mike picks up some of the acoustic sound of the pick on the string, so need to isolate a bit. The amp is barely on (I mean no louder than a quiet radio), yet sounds pretty good to me in the cans, you have to play with the EQ a bit to get the sound just right, but I think that it has better dynamics to the amp emulations. You live and learn.

:)

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600