In My Dreams /// in memory of Ethan James Imaan Ali-Mokbul

Started by Nelson, December 14, 2012, 06:17:45 PM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

This song was inspired by our friend Tharek and is dedicated to the memory of his baby son, Ethan, who sadly passed away, at 20 days old, earlier this year.
Through his poetry, songs and musings Tharek has unselfishly allowed us to share in the anticipation of the birth of little Ethan and the joy of welcoming him into their family.
Needless to say, the message of the sudden passing of Ethan was utterly heart breaking. My message of condolence felt grossly inadequate in expressing my feelings. I can't remember exactly what I wrote but the main thrust of it was that little Ethan lives on in the hearts and minds of friends and family and as I now know, even in the memories of those of us who only knew of him, through his father.
Ethan short life has inspired an amazing spurt of creativity in Tharek, who has in turn motivated and inspired me.
And for that I'm thankful to them both.

Instruments: Thumbjam for the strings, keyboard and Classical guitar

[reverbnation]15487563[/reverbnation]
In My Dreams
Music and Lyrics by Nelson
Verse
I'm sitting here surrounded by loving friends and family, still I feel so alone.
No amount of well-wishing can replace what I'm missing, how am I to carry on?
My heart feels forsaken. My faith has been shaken and just as I'm falling apart.
My senses grow crisper then I hear you whisper, I'll be your light through the dark.

Chorus
And I believe you're still here with me.
I feel your loving warmth by my side.
And it seems, we are destined to be
Together, forever in my dreams.

Verse
They say time heals all,  eventually bringing down these walls of pain that, confine me now.
I really want to be strong, pick up the pieces and soldier on but I just don't know how.
Brave face, facade of armor, begins to fail and pull me under but just as I'm falling apart.
The night winds grow crisper, then, I hear you whisper, I'll be your light through the dark.

Chorus
And I believe you're still here with me.

Bridge
Never, known as real religious man...
Never, prone to chasing footsteps in the sand...
A real straight shooter, so you know where I stand...
I trust what I see and can touch with my hands...

Chorus
But I believe you're still here with me.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

I listened this yesterday via Mr. Nelson's fb-player. Great song inspired by little Ethan. Very touching lyrics and music! Thumbjam cello sounds fantastic on the extremely beautiful music. You've done fine job, Nelson!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

galestermusic

Wow! Great song! Vox, lyrics, and musicianship is absolutely beautiful! T a beautiful tribute! Amazing

Tangled Wires

Can't really put into words how stunning and heartfelt this is Nelson.

You have surpassed yourself once again, its a wonderful tribute.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Yes beautiful, a fitting tribute. I have to say Tharek's song, Ethan's Song, moved me so much, that it's something I will carry with me forever. I couldn't articulate how I felt at the time.

Peace, love and light to you all x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

OsCKilO

The comfort This track gives me is hard to articulate.

Thank you Brother.

I am humbled that the Little one was able to inspire this.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Flash Harry

Here we go, I haven't heard this yet, but knowing your fabulous voice Nelson, and being aware of Tharek's loss and the way that he has continued to deal with it, I'm anticipating something extraordinary. So here goes.....

Wow.

Superbly put together.  Vocal is spot on. Arrangement is spot on. Sentiment is pitched perfectly.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.