'A Pocketful of Ravens in the Snow' Greeny Monday Yulefest Original

Started by Greeny, December 10, 2012, 01:48:32 AM

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 11, 2012, 11:22:31 AMVery cool Christmas song. I love the mandolin. Didn't see one in your studio picture. What other instruments do you have that didn't make it into the photo?

There are several stringed things of mine missing from that pic... a uke, a mandolin, a Les Paul Gold Top, a Danelectro, A Hofner verythin, a Takamine acoustic, and an Ibanez Acoustic. Plus an electric piano which I sometimes use at my girlfriends.

God I love guitars!

kenny mac

Great song,vocals and playing greeny,great vibe to it,the music and lyrics paint a great picture,good stuff,well done.

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on December 12, 2012, 02:42:18 AMThere are several stringed things of mine missing from that pic... a uke, a mandolin, a Les Paul Gold Top, a Danelectro, A Hofner verythin, a Takamine acoustic, and an Ibanez Acoustic. Plus an electric piano which I sometimes use at my girlfriends.

Nice collection! No wonder they weren't in the photo. There isn't enough room for them all. You need a bigger studio.  :)

I should have guessed about the Les Paul. I still remember when you were known as LesPaulGoldTop around here.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

Yes yes yes !!

A wonderfull greeny monday treat, perfect for a late wednesday night !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Nice mix of several instruments - sounds great!! Fine job on this greeny Christmas tune! The uke and mandolin are fantastic on this!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Lounging McCoy

ODH

The words 'a Greeny Original' are like the kite mark, a relaible assurance of quality.  And it's no different here.

This is just dreamy from the get-go.  A beautifully crafted song that is actually more Chrismassy for avoiding the usual clichés. And actually makes me feel a bit Chrismassy myself, to be honest.

Feedback sandwich;
  • the bass just melts me, sublime (as always)
  • do I detect a slight tuning issue on the mandolin?
  • beautiful arrangement and production.  Pro
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Quote from: Nick / odh on December 13, 2012, 08:06:29 AMThe words 'a Greeny Original' are like the kite mark, a relaible assurance of quality.  And it's no different here.

Hi Tim, as you see I think Nick has summed it up perfectly, love the combination of instruments.........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

djbride

I agree the words "a greeny original" does certify that is going to be outstanding
and this doesn't disappoint. Great mix of the stringed instruments, mandolin is especially wonderful.
Great job on this one Tim, as always.
Nice song for Christmas and the whole year through.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Tangled Wires

Love the slightly unhinged melody of the mandolin and guitars, with those wonderful sweet bass lines tying it all together perfectly.

The contrast between chorus and verses is wonderful, kind of not what I was expecting, but in a very good way.

Yet again you set the standard for Micro BR production...superb mix!

recorder
Boss Micro BR