'Flamenco Flamingo' Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, December 06, 2012, 03:21:06 AM

Greeny

03_TIM GREEN_Flamenco Flamingo_REDUX
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wish I had a nylon guitar, but I don't  :)

Here's a bit of Greenified flamenco - two layers of acoustic guitar, bass, vocals and handclaps on the MBR, plus a dash of castanet and 'proper' flamenco wailing added in Audacity.

It's all a bit rough and ready, but there you go  ;D

The title / idea is from a drawing I did in 1988 (feels like a lifetime ago now...), plus some inspiration from the flamenco I heard in Seville.

henwrench

The use of the handclaps is incredibly effective, as are the castanets, really sets the scene. The wailing sample is quite beautiful and too works very well. It's always satisfying when 'FX' enhance an already strong song and don't get in the way or draw the ear away from a weak song. All very tasty, all very much of it's own and your next album (if it's not already done) must be shaping up very nicely... ;)

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Loving this Tim feels Fresh and clean like Hen said the Handclaps really add to it i could almost be in the bar in Spain listening to you instead of this cold cellar....Fantastic piece of art too.. he looks very serious about his playing either that or he's going to wring the Flamigo's kneck .....an excellent song to add to my collection of Greenies...Thanks

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

The Reverend 48

Just bloody Brilliant Tim
Every second is a joy!

Nelson

Simply stunning Tim.
Man what a job you've done creating and mixing these tracks.
That bass is smokin.
The art work is sublime.
It almost seems unfair that one guy has so much talent. ; )

Your craftsmanship is as always right on point.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Tangled Wires

Started listening to this at work on some crappy headphones, so went out to the car and grabbed my decent cans and now have this cranked up and the quality is just flowing into my ears!

This is such a fabulous song that it would work with just guitars and voice, but the additions just take it to an even higher level....everything is so cleverly placed that it never feels cluttered and the mix is crystal clear.

To me, there was so much packed into this that it was hard to believe the song was only three and half minutes long

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Doesn't sound rough to me! Lots of flamenco flavor, and yet unmistakable Greeny goodness...really digging all those little extra touches. Love the drawing too - I want a flamingo leg for my guitar! :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gritter

great song, great style and executed to perfection...you've outdone yourself on this one Tim. Fabulous!

bruno

Bloody excellent. Loved the vox particularly - you certainly have some style. This oozes class!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Chezedog