'Jester in the Churchard' - a Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, December 03, 2012, 07:59:59 AM

Gritter

Great to hear a new one from you Tim. Wonderful swirling psychedelica...the production is fantastic!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on December 03, 2012, 07:59:59 AMHello hello. It's been a while...  :)

Far too long! Great to have you back. And great to hear another splendid Greeny song. Love the swirly guitars and lead, the bass, the drums, and that wonderful voice!

Tomb of Dicky Pearce, reputedly the last court jester in England, in the churchyard of St. Mary's church, Berkeley, Gloucestershire. The verse inscribed on the tomb is thought to be the work of the author Jonathan Swift.

Here lies the Earl of Suffolk's fool,
  Men call'd him Dicky Pearce;
His folly served to make folks laugh,
  When wit and mirth were scarce.

Poor Dick, alas! is dead and gone,
  What signifies to cry?
Dickies enough are still behind,
  To laugh at by and by.

Buried, June 18, 1728, aged 63.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

SharksDontSleep

Mackerel Skies ... Do they have Kipper Clouds? ;)

Seriously though, this is a great song.
Love the production & the Audacity overlays. The poetry reading sets it off too.

Great guitar, both acoustic, electric & bass.

And all this on a humble MBR?

I bow to your dexterity my friend, you used those dual function buttons in anger on this track. :)

Flash Harry

Hello Tim! Wow and back with a stormer! It's fantastic. Usual Greeny dry wit and stylish lyrics, and fab arrangement. You really know how to do get it right.

Bass is smashing.

I know it's naff to stick in comparisons, but there's more than a bit of Lennon and McCartney in this one.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tangled Wires

Great to see you back Greeny, thought you might be a bit rusty...not a chance!

Those swirling guitars give the song a huge sound, and do I love it when that bass kicks in. I am a big fan of your four string playing and yet again you come up with a wonderful counter melody to the rhythm guitar.

After a few listens this is already creeping up to "Wounded Souls" and "Off with his Head" as one of my favourite Greeny songs.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Hey ho, Greeny's back...I, for one, have missed your cyber-elf. And you post, without doubt, one of your worst songs ever. Utter dreadfuls is a phrase that springs to mind. What have you been doing, plugging your ears with dog shit? This song is so bad, I will have no choice but to download it and listen to it over and over again to remind myself that shit does indeed 'live forever'.  ;)

cockpull
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Dmann

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 03, 2012, 02:10:04 PM
Quote from: Greeny on December 03, 2012, 07:59:59 AMHello hello. It's been a while...  :)

Tomb of Dicky Pearce, reputedly the last court jester in England, in the churchyard of St. Mary's church, Berkeley, Gloucestershire. The verse inscribed on the tomb is thought to be the work of the author Jonathan Swift.[/block]

Wow! How cool is that?!  :)

I have no idea where the idea for this came from. I do like medieval imagery & jesters though, and the churchyard I was thinking of is one in the west sussex village I grew up in.

I've also been hanging round Brompton Cemetery in London for hours (and hours) taking photos...

Carpy

Great voice.....love the arrangement as well but your vocals are what really stood out.  Nice job!
recorder
Boss Micro BR