'Jester in the Churchard' - a Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, December 03, 2012, 07:59:59 AM

Greeny

02_TIM GREEN_Jester in the Churchyard_REDUX2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello hello. It's been a while...  :)

This one is quite psychedelic with a dark underbelly. Recorded and mixed on the MBR with Telecaster, Acoustic and Bass. I then added a couple of sound fx in Audacity and a bit of poetry from RS Thomas (an old Welsh poet from the mid 20th century...).

Chorus...

Pull on your wellingtons and step out in the country
Lips like rose-hips under mackerel skies
Pull on your wellingtons and step out in the country
The jester in the churchyard waits for the dead to arise
corn dollies dancing in your big twilight eyes

thetworegs

Good to have you back now Mondays can get back to normal ...Another Greeny tune for the pod...loving that lead......thanks

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Nelson

Very creative Tim.
As for my personal enjoyment this is on par with "Lucy", my fav of yours.

This feels like actual forward momentum in the evolution of Tim, the artist.
The production of course is impeccable but your musicianship and vocals really sore, here.
That Lead/solo is Bloody Brilliant.  
This is my definition of Soul music.

How long did it take to pull this all together.

Warning*** Don't say a couple of days because
I might throw my Br and my guitar out the fucking window.  >:(

You are the Fuckin Man, Bro.

Keep Pushing...
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

Quote from: Nelson on December 03, 2012, 08:45:10 AMHow long did it take to pull this all together.

I might throw my Br and my guitar out the fucking window.  >:(

Thanks, Nelson! Very happy you like it :-)

Don't get mad!!!!!!!, but this was one of the fastest songs I've ever done. I was just playing around with the main chord pattern / riff on an acoustic and wondered how it would sound on an electric with that phasey wobble effect. Well, I liked it and (somehow) had the finished song in around two and a half hours (apart from the sound fx parts). It's my favourite one on my current album and by far the quickest song I did. I really like it when they just 'happen' like this. The one I'm working on at the moment is taking forever - I can't quite get it right somehow.

Hook

Yep what a great Green Monday!Very col tune, well written & produced. i really like the 5 line chorus, it's got a cool feel. Thought I was lost in a Beatles outtake at the end, awesome!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

FuzzFace

Wow... what a great song... love the baseline, and the slightly distant feel... great vibe... great job!

Farrell Jackson

Exceptional songwriting and production Greeny! I love how the bass has it's own melody and at times sounds like a lead solo itself or a backing vocal....just one of the song's interesting highlights. The guitar solo is another cool aspect and the ending is out of sight! Well done all around.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Nelson

Quote from: Greeny on December 03, 2012, 08:51:58 AM
Quote from: Nelson on December 03, 2012, 08:45:10 AMHow long did it take to pull this all together.

I might throw my Br and my guitar out the fucking window.  >:(

Thanks, Nelson! Very happy you like it :-)

Don't get mad!!!!!!!, but this was one of the fastest songs I've ever done. I was just playing around with the main chord pattern / riff on an acoustic and wondered how it would sound on an electric with that phasey wobble effect. Well, I liked it and (somehow) had the finished song in around two and a half hours (apart from the sound fx parts). It's my favourite one on my current album and by far the quickest song I did. I really like it when they just 'happen' like this. The one I'm working on at the moment is taking forever - I can't quite get it right somehow.

Aww Brother you're wicked.   :o
But damn it man, is it a kick ass tune.

PS.
I think I'll hold on to my guitar and br for the time being. ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

Brilliant tune! I've missed these Greeny mondays :) . The outro solo and bells gives a nice psych flavor on this...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Amazing Dick

Great song , and as we say here in Massachusetts ......."Wicked Pissah " !