Any Sort Of Thing(Original)

Started by TomH86, February 06, 2009, 07:47:10 AM

TomH86

Any Sort Of Thing
Time:
0:00
Volume:
another original from me...bland state of affairs really... ::)

beleg

TomH86,
             This song is so subtle and minimalist. I absolutely love it! Great vocals too. Did you do this by recording your vocals twice?  I dig the way you change the sound of the voice for the Ooooh oooh part. The only suggestion I would have is right at the end of the first Oooh oooh part you have a note or two of a second guitar riff (1:45), but then it stops. I would love to hear you extend the song's length  a little longer and explore this second guitar.

Great job!

Bluesberry

You certainly have a sound going on there.  What is the background (white) noise?  sounds like a fountain in a mall or something.  Very dreamy, very Syd.  It is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Glenn Mitchell

Great!. Very unique but interesting and pleasant at the same time.
I liked the seemingly random percussives as part of the soundscape.
the vox fits nicely too. dreamy is a good description.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Oldrottenhead

Quoteanother original from me...bland state of affairs really..
by no means bland,  not heard from you for a while but, this is awesome, gonna listen again right now. wow.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

What they said. This is very different, Bluesberry is right with the Syd Barrett reference. Real nice feel.

Cheers,

Nigel

TomH86

WOW, Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments...Spurs me on to keep writing!

Its two tracks of guitar and two tracks of vocal..the bkground noises aren't really intentional..Apart from the jingle of the guitar strings you hear right at the start...There's some hiss in there too..I kind of like a little hiss though...

But yeah, I just sit there and play/sing...:P

Thanks for the feedback. New album(sort of) in the works and these comments have given me lots of confidence. Thanks.

Tom.

holdempok

Why don't we do it on the road?

mr2kewl

this is a really cool sounding song.  very mellow...
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

dragonshade

The amazing diversity, and incredibly creative talents you hear in this BR community.

Not bland, mesmorizing... wonderful, additive.

You do that album, and then sell me a copy.