BR 800 LOOPING TEST TRACK

Started by galestermusic, November 07, 2012, 11:08:08 AM

galestermusic

song1_0708_08
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok this song is just a blues doodle I did trying to relearn everything making the jump fro mbr to the 800. I got my foot switch yesterday and did this loop recording. It's pretty raw and rusty. I have one problem with the looping function. I use a two count in and when I use the foot switch to loop it captures that count in so I have intermitent pauses. So I have no count in here. Would like to figure it out.

Hope you enjoy my looping doodle :)

64Guitars

Sounds good, Greg.

Quote from: LESTG on November 07, 2012, 11:08:08 AMI have one problem with the looping function. I use a two count in and when I use the foot switch to loop it captures that count in so I have intermitent pauses. So I have no count in here. Would like to figure it out.

I don't have a BR-800 to test it on but I think this should work. Use the Auto Punch-In feature to start recording at measure 3 instead of measure 1 (see page 45 of the BR-800 manual. I believe that will cause it to loop only from measure 3, ignoring the two-bar count-in.

The looping features makes about 200 copies of the track from where you started recording to where you stopped recording. By deferring the start of recording till the third bar, it should exclude the count-in.

It should also work with the footswitch but you have to configure it to toggle record mode. To do that, use the System menu. The value for FOOT SWITCH can be either PLAY or REC. If it's on PLAY and you have a track armed, then recording will start as soon as you press the footswitch. If the counter is at 0:00:00, then the loop will include the count-in (not what you want) because it started recording at 0:00:00. But if you set FOOT SWITCH to REC, then you can arm a track and press PLAY on the BR-800 (but not REC). While it's playing, you can press the footswitch twice at the appropriate time (just after the count-in) to manually punch-in to loop record mode. Be sure to press it twice; pressing once only puts it into normal record mode; the second press puts it into loop recording mode (same as pressing the REC button on the recorder). At the end of your recording, you can press the footswitch again to punch-out. The BR-800 will the make about 200 copies of your recording for you to record over. See page 133 for details of the footswitch setings.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Nice doodling Greg, sounds like one heck of a tool...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Oh yeah sounds immensely good! Loop on!

I`m wondering how Skype comes up in the title to this thread?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on November 08, 2012, 02:09:54 PMI`m wondering how Skype comes up in the title to this thread?

It doesn't for me. You probably have a Skype browser plugin installed and it thinks "800 LOOPING" is a toll-free phone number. Temporarily disable the plugin and see if the Skype icon goes away.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on November 08, 2012, 06:32:50 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on November 08, 2012, 02:09:54 PMI`m wondering how Skype comes up in the title to this thread?

It doesn't for me. You probably have a Skype browser plugin installed and it thinks "800 LOOPING" is a toll-free phone number. Temporarily disable the plugin and see if the Skype icon goes away.

Sorry for hijacking your good thread LestG. Yes you are correct 64. What a way to spam that is. Everyone will start doing that soon i bet! That`s annoying.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity