Main Menu

battery

Started by gingy, February 05, 2009, 06:58:17 PM

tkofaith

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 13, 2009, 02:21:54 AMsame here, and its one less wire to knock my beer over with.

I know I'd get up to get something and trip on the wire and bring my beloved BR crashing to the floor...and then I could only wish I'd only spilled my beer!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

xicpanad

For less then the price of the AC adapter, I bought 4 batteries of 2700 mA, and they are very good. They take a few hours to fully charge, but it´s because i use a weak charger. Anyway, I don´t need a better one, cause when I put the charged batteries they will last for about 8 to 10 hours. These look like only 2 hours tho when we are really having fun on MBR. Damn this device is good!  ;D
Cheers
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

dragonshade

I can't even imagine not having an adapter. This thing KILLS
batteries. I see you guys saying all day and 8-10 hours... I'm baffled. If I'm recording takes, working something out, and just jamming/practicing through it I'll kill any battery in 3-4 hours.

Greeny

I tend to use an adaptor for longer recording sessions. I like the flexibility of taking the adaptor out so that I can jump around doing the vocals under battery power though  :D

guitarron

Quote from: dragonshade on February 16, 2009, 08:06:33 PMI can't even imagine not having an adapter. This thing KILLS
batteries. I see you guys saying all day and 8-10 hours... I'm baffled. If I'm recording takes, working something out, and just jamming/practicing through it I'll kill any battery in 3-4 hours.
only way to fly

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

I like the portability of the bateries best.  I have 6 rechargable and a 4 bat recharger.  Two are in the machine and the other 4 are fully charged waiting for action.  It only takes 60 sec to change out bats (and gives me a convient excuse to refresh my beer).  Then recharge while using fresh ones.  Works for me.   I always have fresh bats waiting to go.  I dont like the idea of the extra cord to trip over. I am also worried about picking up hum through the adaptor (like with effects pedals, that is why you use bats to keep hum away, maby I am too cautious I don't know).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI can't even imagine not having an adapter. This thing KILLS
Quotethe higher the mah the longer they will last till needing recharged.  mine are 2800mah nimh and with 4 using 2 and a spare 2 fully charged i get a full day out of them. got them about a year back on ebay for under £10 inc p&p.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

I only get maybe 30 minutes of battery life!!!!  In some cases, the indicator drops from 3 to 2 "bars" within 10 minutes of inserting a fresh pair!!!  Can anyone explain this?

Is something wrong with my MBR or batteries (though I've used several types, both rechargeable and not, from several different stores)!

Could it be how I use it drains power very fast???.  I sing/play rather quietly, I guess, so I tend to turn up the volume to near max, system volume to near max, mic input sensitivity to max, mic preamp gain to +6, and plug in big studio headphones (Sony MDR-7506).  I do, however, turn the display contrast (backlight?) to the lowest level. 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI only get maybe 30 minutes of battery life!!!!
what type of batteries are you using.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 26, 2010, 12:35:24 PM
QuoteI only get maybe 30 minutes of battery life!!!!
what type of batteries are you using.

Regular or rechargable (2800 mAh) energizer or duracell, drugstore brand, doesn't seem to matter.  But I do run with every possible gain all maxed out and big studio headphones, maybe that draws a lot of current?  What volume, system volume, input gain, mic preamp gain, and track gains do you typically run at and what headphones do you use?

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR