Main Menu

battery

Started by gingy, February 05, 2009, 06:58:17 PM

what rechargeable batteries do you guys recommend in using this nice recorder? in terms of performance (long battery life) we all know that psa is better but when we're on the road, we need nice and quality batteries that we can depend.. currently i use varta 2200ma AA batteries and it works for long hours.thanks

BossMicroBRew

I use Duracell Rechargeable 1800 mAh. They work great for me on a full charge. If I had to depend on them for long periods on the road, I'd try to find something that lasts a little longer.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

tkofaith

Quote from: gingy on February 05, 2009, 06:58:17 PMwhat rechargeable batteries do you guys recommend in using this nice recorder? in terms of performance (long battery life) we all know that psa is better but when we're on the road, we need nice and quality batteries that we can depend.. currently i use varta 2200ma AA batteries and it works for long hours.thanks

I use DuracellĀ® NiMH 2650 mAh and have gotten great results.  I get 5 or 6 hours per charge.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Oldrottenhead

the higher the mah the longer they will last till needing recharged.  mine are 2800mah nimh and with 4 using 2 and a spare 2 fully charged i get a full day out of them. got them about a year back on ebay for under Ā£10 inc p&p.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitaroscar

I use Varta. Don't even have a power supply.  The Vartas charge in 15 minutes.

Glenn Mitchell

didn't 64 guitars say the rechargables were less voltage? (1.2 vs 1.5) Does that affect the micro? short term or long term?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Oldrottenhead

ive bin using them for over a year now
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bro

Well since the BR swallows batteries faster than a.. well i dont know, it swallows!
So therefore i can recommend using a ac adapter!
If else just use duracell, they are fine, or at least they do the job for me..
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

tkofaith

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on February 12, 2009, 08:19:32 AMWell since the BR swallows batteries faster than a.. well i dont know, it swallows!
So therefore i can recommend using a ac adapter!
If else just use duracell, they are fine, or at least they do the job for me..

I have an adapter, but I've never used it (except for my effects pedals!).  I've been very happy with the rechargables.  This keeps the portability of this great unit intact so that you can use it anywhere.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI have an adapter, but I've never used it (except for my effects pedals!).  I've been very happy with the rechargables.  This keeps the portability of this great unit intact so that you can use it anywhere.
same here, and its one less wire to knock my beer over with.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann