Main Menu

battery

Started by gingy, February 05, 2009, 06:58:17 PM

Greeny

Quote from: Riche on May 14, 2010, 02:36:03 AMHi, Ive just bought a micro br... and yer it seems to eat the batteries..
My question is:
A boss adapter in the UK seems to cost £22 ouch ..
Is there a suitable alternative?

Thanks
Rich

I paid about £30 for my official BOSS adaptor, which in hindsight, was a bit of a waste. I do use it for longer recording sesions, but I prefer the freedom of batteries (I like to walk and dance around whilst singing!). The MBR eats batteries for fun, so get a recharger. I got one for a tenner, including 4 rechargeable batteries. It's quite handy having one set in the MBR and the other set charging, ready for a quick switchover.

LDBluz

I think earlier posts have noted that for some folks the adapter results in a 60 cycle hum in the background. I've had that, and for that reason battery operation has its advantages.

Flash Harry

No hum on my adapter. It would be 50Hz in the UK, but still nothing but ..............

Until I plug something in.

Nickel Metal Hydride. 2500MaH or better.

If you need to know how to ask for them, Mark (Launched) offers this handy tip...

Quote from: launched on February 17, 2010, 04:54:39 PMGood stuff.

In case anybody wants to know how to pronounce Nickel Metal Hydride:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=420.0;attach=6061
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

peterp

I use both nmih and the adapter. I ended up forking over the rather large sum for a genuine BOSS psa-120s adapter because of a probably silly worry.
I did notice the stores here sell 2 different identical looking adapters, 1 is labeled in their catalog as "BOSS psa-120s" the other as a "BOSS psa-102s(cloned)"  and sells for a bit less. I figured it is a knock off of some kind and went with the more expensive one.

My silly worry about the batteries:
Every time you open the MBR and fiddle with the batteries you are very close to the sd card.
And after hearing of all the occurrences of the MBR becoming unable to read sd cards probably because of electrical contact problems. Well I get paranoid, so I try to reduce the times I open the case.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"