Main Menu

OK Im sold

Started by Runkster, February 05, 2008, 12:24:39 PM

I was debating wether I was going to get one of these (Micro BR) or something else.  After finding this site and seeing the excelent tutorials, learing the features it has from first hand users and hearing the samples you guys recorded (some throught the built in mic!!) I am sold.  I am going over to Guitar Center after work today and picking one up.

Great site.  Thanks for sharing your info.

Matt

Pedro

Hey there Matt and welcome! ;)

That's cool, I'm sure you will digg it. If you need any help with it be sure to check back.

What instrument or instruments will you use Micro BR for?

I originally just wanted a portable I could practice with while lounging around the house.  I am a gadget/techie/more horsepower the better kind of guy so the more features I could find the better.  I was originally thinking of getting the Line 6 pocket pod or the tascam MP-GT1 but when looking for reviews on comparable models I saw someone mention the Micro BR.  For $30 more I could a 4 track recorder that would fit in my pocket.

Anyway, I will be using it for training purposes mainly but can't resist the options to record and lay drum tracks and record with a built in mic.  I will be using multiple electric guitars, acoustic, roland keyboard, and drums just for a rough cut.  My son is just learning guitar (Christmas present) and I got him the pocket pod which is cool but I really wanted the option to record to my PC which it does not have.  To be able to record wile away from my computer (with 4 tracks) is more I could have asked for and I can't wat to get my hands on it.

Matt

Pedro

Interesting, I must say I never really used Micro BR to pratice. My way of praticing is away from technology, alone with my instrument.  :D

Geir

Have you got it now?

Be sure to post some of your recording here if you did get it !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DannyB_KY

Runkster, I'm with ya bro!

As a practice/learning tool, its without peer!!  Thats what I use it for. In the living room or front porch if I choose. For those moments when you play a progression you dig, you can record it for later use!!

And, as you have heard on this forum, it is a 4 track and can do some great recording!!

Even if you have a console BR like the 600, 1200, 1600 or others, you still have a use/need for the MBR!!!

The Micro BR is a "must have" item!!
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

Blooby

Welcome to the cult...er, I mean site.

Blooby