Cross That Line

Started by boneonbone, October 23, 2012, 08:33:52 AM

boneonbone

Cross That Line (2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a song I recently co-wrote with a keyboard player friend who had lyrics looking for a home.   I wrote the music, and recorded on the BR800. I played acoustic, bass and all vocals and my friend added keyboards.  Here are the lyrics:

Cross That Line  c:2012

You tell me that you're "sorry" like a hundred times before
And I'm nursing cuts and bruises and I don't want any more
Now you're acting oh so warm and sweet, and giving me your love
And the scars here deep inside are growing deeper.

And I know in my heart that the time has come to go
And you see it in my eyes and you say
Don't cross that line

I used to have some friends before you drove them all away
I used to smile at the thought of starting a new day
You tried to cage my thoughts as well as everything I do
I no longer can remember who I am

But if I stay here any longer I'm afraid I'll fade away
I can't look into the mirror unless I
Cross that line

Bridge

Ahhh............... Do I go? Ahhh...............Should I go? I don't know.

Well I've gathered up a few things and I'm headed out the door
When you get home, this evening you won't see me anymore
I don't know where I'm going, or how I will survive
But anything is better if I want to stay alive

And my heart is that much lighter now that I have turned to go
I am weakened, but I'm certain now that I
Have crossed that line.

(I crossed that line)

[soundclick]11959427[/soundclick]

"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Redler

Nice tune, boneonbone!! The chorus is awesome! Fine job on the vocals and harmonies works well!! Thanks for sharing!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

I loved everything about it - well done guys.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

steelguitar

Nice tune, good job on vocals and harmonies!
A Neil Young style on rythm guitar...
Great collab
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Carpy

I liked listening to this.  Great vocals, lead, backing, and harmonizing.  I loved the acoustic guitar rythym work.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

This is a killer good song bone! It has a Tom Petty feel but the keyboard makes it a different and flowing vibe. great recording. I love the vocals and the backing vox are perfect too. Great great song..be proud!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hi great song, very perceptive lyrics with good harmony. Like it............... Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Good song and performances boneonbone! Excellent vocals and the acoustic guitar strumming/picking is awesome sounding.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

boneonbone

Thanks to everyone for giving a listen and for your feedback.  Next time I have something written I'd like to get one or more of the many talented musicians on this site to lend their skills on a collaboration.  Being an acoustic player I don't have the skill on electric or bass that most of you do and I'd love to hear what some of you could do with one of my songs.
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby