Autumn Leaves - a short little acoustic piece

Started by bruno, October 22, 2012, 03:33:47 PM

bruno

Track 138 - Autumn Leaves
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Song comes from trying to get my Fishman Rare-earth pickup to work properly. Getting one string louder than the rest - ended up installing it upside down. That worked - why are things never simple!

Thought I'd put some fiddle on - playing a little shaky, as I don't play it much at all. Shame really!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

steelguitar

Love it!!!
A Django Reinhardt / Stéphane Grappelli feeling
An excellent sound on your fishman rare earth, good playing on violin!!!
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Oldrottenhead

majic, shades of early van morrison and the bathers too. really love piece, wish it was longer. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Very, very nice.  This is what I like.  Your acoustic sounds positively wonderful through this pick-up, very natural.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

Thanks for the comments guys - appreciate it. I should add that this is a blended sound. The Fishman pickup and a AKG mike pointed to the 12 (ish fret). Tried to get a balance sound as the pickup on its own sounds a bit fragile straight into the BR1600, whereas the mike on its own can sound a little distant and ill-defined.

Also should add that the drum loop is a freeby download from betamonkeymusic from the country loops! I think I need to buy that disk to add to the collection :-)

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pine

Fine little tune Bruno...i'll take quality over quantity anyday

Excellent guitar tones with the combo micing and your playing is impressive. Loved the fiddle touches.

Granted i have not been on this site much in the last 6 months, but i have yet to hear anything of yours that wasn't good. I'll have to wander thru your jukebox as soon as time allows. You do killer instrumentals.

Pine  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Hilary

Just lovely Mr B :)

(country drum loops - tut tut, whatever possessed you!)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Geir

Really a wonderful little tune Bruno. Excellent work.

Quote from: bruno on October 22, 2012, 03:33:47 PM..... as I don't play it much at all. Shame really!
It is, I really love the violin. Maybe I can ask you to add some violin to a song of mine in the future?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Quote from: Geir on October 23, 2012, 01:29:04 AM
Quote from: bruno on October 22, 2012, 03:33:47 PM..... as I don't play it much at all. Shame really!
It is, I really love the violin. Maybe I can ask you to add some violin to a song of mine in the future?
That would be a pleasure Geir :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Thats great bruno ,realy love that vibe ,the violins ace,well done