Main Menu

drum kits

Started by Tony, February 04, 2009, 02:05:47 PM

Tony

I'm not sure if I'm just chasing a sound here or if I'm just experimenting but I'm a bit confused and help would be appreciated.

Is it possible to put the drum track through the effects patches?  There are two or three of the drum kits that I use repeatedly but there are a lot of different sounding kits out there in the world and I'd like to try and approximate something a bit different.

64Guitars

Rev_Drum
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2009, 02:05:47 PMIs it possible to put the drum track through the effects patches?

Certainly!  See pages 64 and 65 in the Micro BR manual.

Here's a trivial example I made by routing one of the preset patterns through the slow attack effect in my BR-864.

The Micro BR doesn't have the slow attack effect but you can get some pretty wild drum sounds with other effects too. Also, distortion from the amp models can be interesting with drums. It sounds like this example which Pedro posted a year ago, although I'm not sure if he used the Micro BR's effects for this:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tony

Many thanks.  Now I have so much more to play with.