Main Menu

The Exit

Started by The Thinking Room, October 13, 2012, 07:15:22 PM

Mach

I like how the track takes me on a journey like flying through clouds. Very soothing but yet moving along a great pace. I like the strings.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

A little spliff , this on the cans & you don't need much more , excellent

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

AndyR

This is the first of yours I've heard - it's fab!

On the mixing - you're always gonna be learning, but I have to say this is pretty damn good already :). I can hear what other people are saying, but I'm enjoying it like this. I can hear all the parts, I can even hear all the lyrics without any straining to listen. And I personally like the reverb like this on this track (I assume you do too!).

There's a trick you can try for pushing a vocal through with this much reverb going on - look for something called the "Exciting Compressor"... tell you what, I'll look for it... hang on...

Here we go, I learnt it from this article: http://www.recordinginstitute.com/R2KREQ/excomp.htm.

I use it all the time.

And I hear you on the time for mixing - I've spent over a week trying to get a mix on something I'm gonna post in the next day or so :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesberry

Just finding this little beauty.  You have an epic scope in mind with your songs.  Deep man. I really like your style.  Great song. You have me singing along with you.  This one is going into the mix for the drive to work, excellent.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Loved the ethereal feel on this...I didn't feel your song was over six minutes long. Fine song and performing.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Thought I'd commented on this, 'cos I've heard it before and like it a lot. Good stuff!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR