The Open Road - A Hook and Bruno Original

Started by bruno, October 12, 2012, 11:46:24 AM

bruno

Track 135 - The open road
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Latest song :-)

Hook, bro - love what you've done with this - this is a great vocal performance.

Technical stuff - Rhythm guitar was the Music Man Luke - via the ToneBone Hot British pedal into COSM Fender Tweed in the BR1600. Fretless bass and Fender Strat with the GR20 doing the organ. Lead was the PRS via the FullTone Robin Trower pedal into COSM Blues amp. Drums are the betamonkeymusic Blues loops (I love this company).

I was after (ish) a Robben Ford type sound (that's a big ask - as Robben is an unbelievable player) - but I'm real happy with the guitar sounds on this - and I love those loops. With discounts (they give you a 20% discount code after you buy the first set) etc - after exchange rates works out about £16 per CD (approx 800 loops) - so really very good value for money - and they have a load of loops to download for free.

So, the loops come with 1/2 bar fills, which is a problem as the Br1600 only accepts full bars - so I doubled the speed on the BR to be 240 (loops are 120) - and turn off the time adjust - and hey presto, you can add 1/2 bars in!!! :-)

I sent the tracks minus lead to Hook, Hook wrote melody and lyrics - sent them back to me, and I added solo and final mixed. That's about it!!!

B

The Open Road

I close my eyes & I imagine freedom
The freedom to have nothing at all to lose
To have no needs to meet
No ego to bruise

Nothing to hold you back
No one keeping you down
Would some still rise to the top?
Or would we all just ease on down

The open road

Would we take hold
Or would we let go

Chorus

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mach

Yeah this has a cool groove....driving music...I just wanna get in the car at night go 90 and turn the lights out. Love that solo...so soulful and rockin'. Great vocal delivery. Nice Job and collab fellas.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

Ohh yeah!!! This ROCKS with some serious soul!!!

Really dig all your playing Bruno and Hook your vox are perfect for this!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Ok Hook so you've got the Tampaska project... what are you calling these trax with the geetar master Bruno???... Man I love when I see a new post from you two... Always a pleasure... LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

DeificDave

Fantastic, I love the lyric, great vocal, killer guitar solo and has a cool vibe going through the song, great work guys.   
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Hilary

Another killer collab guys - grabbed my attention from the minute it started to the minute it ended - mighty fine.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

steelguitar

A killer groove!!!

Super rythm guitar / drums and vocals...

A funky blues à la Robert Cray!!!

Love that solo guitar

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Hook

Thanks for listening and all the kind words.

Bruno, I love this track brother and that lead is awesome, it has a real live feel to it, to me at least. It was a tough vocal for me to sing and to record. i really should have used my 900 and a mic, I was in my studio but only had about an hour so I opted for the mbr and I was either clipping or sounded a million miles away. there was no clipping on this track that I could find, but it sounds like there is in a few  spots to me. Anyhow almost lost my voice laying down this track, 20 takes maybe, got it done in about an hour but that means I sang this track for an hour! :P I ended up bringing down a few level spikes in audacity and levelised the vocal track by itself before I sent it to you.

RTT- I love getting a bruno track in my email just as much as I love a new drum track ::)...right now, in fact I love only having to do the lyrics and vocals since my time has evaporated recently. bruno & I have written 15 tunes together (TampAska's "More Than Life" being one of them) and we will have a cd on my new site also, hopefully up in the month or so. I was going to go with bruno & Hook as our moniker but yesterday I though of TampUK (or maybe UKPa), unless, of course bruno has major objections, and he might ;D

Thanks for including me on this one brother, love your tunes!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Quote from: Hook on October 15, 2012, 05:51:09 AMbruno & I have written 15 tunes together (TampAska's "More Than Life" being one of them) and we will have a cd on my new site also, hopefully up in the month or so.

that's great news Hook - I'm looking forward to seeing the website :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann