Saturn Five ( SpaceFest )

Started by SE, October 08, 2012, 10:16:09 PM

SE

Thanks guys and gal for the comments had wee blast doing this  ;D think the vox a bit over blown but what the hell
Quote from: Tangled Wires on October 09, 2012, 12:08:13 PMThis rocks John, kind of sounds a bit Sabbath to me.

Love the mix of the crunching muted rhythm with the higher octave riffing, and your vocal is stunning here and mixed beautifully.

Drums sound fab too, be interested to know how you recorded these.

Hi Andrew the drums are all MBR, usually start with just the verse beat and use this as the click track, this one was at 80 bpm, When I,ve finished the guitars and vox I listen to the tune and add the fills and breaks using the counter, maybe this a bit hit and miss but after a bit of practise it seems to work for me, The drum volume, reverb and kit are also add too.
I know some people are a lot more precise on how they programme their drums, but I usually find this method quick and easy.
Hope this helps  Andrew always great to hear a TW song.

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Lounging McCoy

Kind of Judas Priest-y.  Good stuff!

SharksDontSleep

This style of music is not normally my cup of tea.
However I can't deny, it's particularly well performed, mixed & recorded.
Sounds like a lot of effort has gone into it & it shows in the end result.

Nice One
8)

Tangled Wires

Quote from: SE on October 21, 2012, 02:13:52 AMHi Andrew the drums are all MBR, usually start with just the verse beat and use this as the click track, this one was at 80 bpm, When I,ve finished the guitars and vox I listen to the tune and add the fills and breaks using the counter, maybe this a bit hit and miss but after a bit of practise it seems to work for me, The drum volume, reverb and kit are also add too.
I know some people are a lot more precise on how they programme their drums, but I usually find this method quick and easy.
Hope this helps  Andrew always great to hear a TW song.

John

That's generally the method I use too John, although I must admit that they didn't sound like MBR drums when I first heard them here. Great song, back for another listen!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

DeificDave

Rocking, great guitar sound, love the heaviness of the song   
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

bruno

Monster sound - damn that is one evil sounding guitar, and the drums pound like a muther. Kinda reminds me of Bowie - but Bowie was never that heavy.
Monster  ;D
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

I still think you knocked this one into outer space bro - Love it
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

YEAH!! Those guitars are heavy good!! The vocals are perfect!!
Dude you get heavier every time i listen to you. I love it!!

Keep it up man! This is a great song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Pine

That is some raw ass guitar tone!

Definitely shades of ol' Mr Bowie...and a good tribute to Neil..

Good rock attack!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200