Main Menu

Ethan's Song

Started by OsCKilO, October 05, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

OsCKilO

Ethan's Song
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Had a song idea that I noted on an Iphone voice memo.

Recorded at 1227hrs GMT 30/04/12.

My Son Ethan was 18 days old, and was being changed by his mum inside whilst I was in the garden.

Whilst I played, Ethan started fussing for milk as he woke up whilst being dressed.

I thought that I would keep recording as it was only a sketch of a song.
I went back in after I had finished not knowing that the recording would be so important to me....

I got a chance to record a song with my son. A chance not possible again in this life as Ethan passed away in his sleep the following Morning.

That moment at 1227pm taught me to appreciate moments that we may otherwise see as disposable.

I added a few bits today and would like to share Ethan's most apparent contribution to my musical world.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

A sweet song Tharek. Love the playfulness of the melody. There's a lot of love there. Thanks for sharing it.

Hilary

I'm so sorry for your loss Tharek - this song is very moving. We should all learn to live life in the moment. Love and light to you and your family x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Facemask93

Oh how sad & yet something so special having captured the cries of your beautiful baby son on a wonderfully uplifting song you were composing , it tugs at the heart strings indeed , this song will keep the spirit of Ethen alive in the hearts & minds of all forever , our thoughts are with you and your family always Tharek

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Not sure if I've ever been more moved by recording!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Quote from: Hook on October 06, 2012, 07:11:38 AMNot sure if I've ever been more moved by recording!

ditto that.

as beautiful as the memory you must have of this day.

Stay strong my friend.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Quote from: Geir on October 06, 2012, 07:53:26 AM
Quote from: Hook on October 06, 2012, 07:11:38 AMNot sure if I've ever been more moved by recording!

ditto that.

Stay strong my friend.

Ditto for me as well. So much joy in the playing on that day, so much sadness. Bitter-sweet. We all should make the most of every day and forget our petty problems. In reality, there are no words.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

cuthbert

A simply magical performance & recording, Tharek - it's a snapshot moment that could only ever be captured spontaneously like this, and one that moves the listener like a river.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Vaisvil

Quote from: bruno on October 06, 2012, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: Geir on October 06, 2012, 07:53:26 AM

ditto that.

Stay strong my friend.

Ditto for me as well. So much joy in the playing on that day, so much sadness. Bitter-sweet. We all should make the most of every day and forget our petty problems. In reality, there are no words.

B

I agree with all of the above. So sad this happened and the music sounds so happy.