Galaxy's Spiral Arm

Started by Keywiz2112, October 05, 2012, 02:57:35 AM

Keywiz2112

Simon Jones - Galaxys Spiral Arm
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi guys,

I have at last, a new idea to post, I started this one whilst I was on Holiday in Bulgaria, messing about with Fruity Loops, I found a basic Midi beat, used drumatix that comes with FL, this gave it a Kraftwerk type feel.

I then used all the soft synths that come with FL, to create the rest of the track, hopefully giving it a Tangerine Dream style.

Well, see what you think? And I will now have time to listen to all your new stuff.

Simon

Hi Simon, Kraftwork with touches of Brian Eno definitely works for me. Love it..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Very cool, spacey soundscape, I dig it. Seems like a great spacefest entry to me, well done.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Great job, Simon. It does sound a lot like Tangerine Dream.

I'm surprised you were able to make a 10-minute mp3 small enough to attach. It sounds pretty good for 64 kbps.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Flash Harry

Nice one Simon.

I get the Tangerine Dream influence too. 64Kb is really lo-fi but it sounds really good.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Keywiz2112

Thanks very much people, for the positive comments.

I used Fruity Loops to record all the tracks then saved it as the best MP3 file, I then used Media Monkey, to shrink it down to below 6mb. Media Monkey is the best music player by far, comparied to any other (especially iTunes, I hate it).

Tangerine Dream was the main reason I started playing Keyboards, so I seem to always slip into that style, no bad think though  ;D

Keep on playing people (See ya soon Flash Harry)