The Many Faces

Started by Jjanover1, October 02, 2012, 10:02:59 PM

Jjanover1

The Many Faces
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello Everyone

"The Many Faces" was recorded in July of this year. The song was written in fragments, and took about a month and a half to master the key changes. The keyboard was written first, then the lyrics and all that. It is the title track of the 9-song album I recently finished. It may be that over the summer, I changed my attitude towards different things. I got angry when people said that I had to "change my personality." This is basically me telling them.. well, simply, no. The chorus goes as follows:

"This is me
Don't change me
This is the average Joe;
The Many Faces..."

Jjanover: Keyboard, 3 part vocals.

Hook

Great post and welcome. I dig the quirky, jazzy angst!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

Hi....Love the manic piano ....stay true who can change there personality surely you would be thinking it if not saying It......good one

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

steelguitar

Great post I love it!

The jazzy feeling... and the vocals !!!

A good one, I agree with thetworegs

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Geir

Yes yes yes !!

I dig it.

For some reason it reminds me a bit of Zappa. (.... and you guys should know by now, that's a good thing in my book ;D )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Cool. Your piano playing reminds me of "Cat Food" by King Crimson.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hilary

Oh very creative, I really enjoyed it . . . we are all unique, it's what makes us special :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Oh - very well done. The piano playing reminds me of the freedom in Fazil Say's playing - great stuff
B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Whp1kWZ8Y

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Ahhhhh man, I love this to bits.......and bits......it almost sounds like something rattling around in ones brain while walking around out in the busy city streets.  How, did you ever master the timing on this.  Brilliant.  fantastic. wonderful. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

This is so different from anything on this site,I can also hear the zappa thing in there,great song.