Nothing Is Something

Started by The Thinking Room, September 25, 2012, 07:57:12 AM

The Thinking Room

nothing is something short version mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is my first post.  The song was recorded in a garden shed over a period of 3 weeks.  I used a Yamaha Keyboard, Tanglewood acoustic, Fender Jaguar Bass and a SM58 classic microphone.  The audio samples used in this song are from old time radio programmes all of which are in the public domain.  Unfortunately due to the limited file size allowence on song crafters I have only managed to put half of the song up.  If you would like to listen to the whole thing you will have to listen to it on Youtube.  My channel is thethinkingroom1. Iam not a singer or so my wife keeps telling me and after a load of cans of lager Iam not a guitar player either. I am very heavily influenced by Pink Floyd. The Thinking Room is the name I've called my shed.

Redler

I loved the mystical and psychedelic feel on this. Watched the extended version on YouTube. I heard some Pink Floydish influence on this as you mentioned. Great post and welcome to the site!

Kari

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Welcome to the site !!

Fabulous way to introduce yourself !!! Great tune, and a very nice production from what I can hear on my crappy speakers .... wil have to revisit it later for a proper listen !!

Please do tell what recording gear you use. Are you using DAW or a stand-alone recorder ... or maybe a combination ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Hi and Welcome aboard a fantastic first post from the thinking room.....the first of many i hope.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

bruno

Welcome to the site - and great first post.

My first thought was Kinobe! Great job.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

Welcome - Very cool song, love it! I think your vocals are very good, wish they were brought up in the mix a little more.

Well done, I dig it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

I really like the feel and production. Sounds like it could have been an "Obscured by Clouds" out-take. Very cool.

Tangled Wires

Very nice indeed.

Perhaps the vocal could come up slightly, but in a way I like where it sits as it adds such a cool ambience and dreamy quality to the song.

Can hear the Floyd influence, but I think you have plenty of your own style stamped all over it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Snowpig

Great first post!
Keep them coming.

Bluesberry

Yeah, thats what I like.  When the vocal came in it was perfect.  Very cool.  I don't think the vocals need to come up at all, they are very warm sounding and seem to sit in nicely.  I really dig this.  Great post, lets have some more of this wonderful stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand