Has anyone heard of Hagstrom Guitars?

Started by IanR, September 22, 2012, 11:29:14 PM

IanR

Thanks Guys

The one that was on special got sold.  It was a Swede.  It looked like a Les Paul.  Very nicely finished and very cheap (but not cheap enough).

I was waiting for the price to drop further before I bought it.

I did have a play and it sounded fairly good.  Although I got performance anxiety in the shop and couldn't remember how to play anything.

Anyway - its gone and so has my GAS attack - for now.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

flyon90

As a side note I know that Pat Smear of The Germs, Foo Fighters, and Nirvana is a big hagstrom guitar guy.  In fact I think those are the only electrics he uses.

Chezedog

The first bass guitar I ever bought was a hagstrom, and it was a fabulous instrument.  I regret selling to this day.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on October 02, 2012, 01:58:28 PMI think that Greeny has had Hagstroms. I have played some in guitar shops - they're fine guitars but nothing really grabbed me if you know what I mean.

I don't own one, but I'd like to! I love the fact they're a bit different / niche. I've looked at a few, and almost bought one once. It was a semi, and I was considering that or an Ibanez Artcore. In the end I bought my Hofner Verythin to fit that semi slot, and I've used it on countless songs now. really love the way it looks and sounds. The only negative is a slightly 'whippy' neck, where you can bend the tone with a bit of pressure on the neck.

fenderbender

Never owned one myself -but one of my pals had one for years and years -a LP type -very reliable and nice sound -Made in Sweden -
altho reading about the new models all reviews are pretty good

Funny enough FH my first really pro guitar was a Verithin-always sorry I sold it
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

This is the kind of Hagstrom I want! Too similar to my Hofner to justify though   :'(

Always thought it was interesting that Elvis played one on the '68 comeback special. They must have been quite obscure in America back then.

fenderbender

hey  its a nice one Greeny alright

hard to tell most times what a guitar sounds like on youtube etc
cos most of the sound samples are with overdrive or  heavy metal distortion-

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600