Main Menu

Dusty Road

Started by Nelson, September 10, 2012, 09:58:46 PM

Nelson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hey folks.
I hope this post finds you all in good health.
Here's a little ditty I'm working on.

I love the sound of the Cello and Piano combination so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Cello- Thumbjam

[reverbnation]15883540[/reverbnation]

Dusty Road
Music and Lyrics by Nelson
Verse
You may see me walking the streets of Memphis                          
or resting my feet near Edgar Allen's home;                                    
Getting my fill of sweets in Georgia                                                  
Or taking a Greyhound flight alone                                                    
I never claimed to be a wise man,                                                      
No hidden meaning to my songs.                                                      
Fame and fortune has forsaken me.                                                  
So, on this dusty road I roam.                                                              

Chorus  
Dusty Road, a real comfort to me                                                        
Dusty Road in the mist of the troubles I see                                      
I know, ain't no better place for me.                                                
So I will see all down that Dusty Road                                                

Verse
I played a song or two in the southlands.                                              
The pace is slow and the air so sweet.                                                    
Never thinking much or planning for tomorrow.                                  
When I got honey by my side and sand beneath my feet.                  
I never claimed to be a wise man.                                                            
I never learned to turn the other cheek when I'm done wrong.        
Well a price was paid in a fight that day, a life... forever lost.            
And on this dusty road I roam.                                                                  

Chorus  

Break

Chorus

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

Stunning performing!! Great job on music and lyrics...as always! The thumbjam cellos are fantastic and sounds very real! You're a real SONGWRITER, Nelson!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Quality, congrats Nelson.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Keywiz2112

Excellent piece, lyrics, backing vocals, nice cello. Well done keep it up   

steelguitar

Excellent song with a beautyfull melody!!!

The piano debut remind me the work of the great french Yann Tiersen (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain)

The minimalism of the drums reminds me Tom Waits...

Nice cello

Well done!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Farrell Jackson

You are the real deal Nelson.  A real songwriter and performer.....I love your sound and writing here! The piano, cello, and drums are the perfect bed for your lyric and vocal phrasing......well done sir!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Excellent song Nelson - great tune and brilliant Vox - love it.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

what a voice what a song braw tell yer maw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

really beautiful Nelson !!

yes, this is all good

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

another quality post Nelson....just beautiful.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination