Song Player problems

Started by 64Guitars, September 05, 2012, 03:57:02 PM

64Guitars

I've updated our song player to a new one which I wrote in HTML5. It does not require Adobe Flash, so it should work on iPhones, iPads and other devices that don't support Adobe Flash. Unfortunately, it's not working correctly at the moment. So, if you're experiencing problems with the player in song posts, please bear with me while I try to find out what's wrong. It works fine in my test page, which you can view here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=sp

I don't know why it's not behaving the same way in song posts but I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Not all browsers support HTML5 audio properly and, of those that do, some don't support MP3 (Firefox and Opera, for example). In those browsers, it will fall back to the old xspf_jukebox mp3 player which you're all familiar with.

But if you're not using Firefox or Opera, you may have trouble with the player for a little while until I can fix it. It should play the songs okay. It just looks weird.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Tested it on my iPhone. The jukeboxes are blank as they always were but in song posts, the player is working and I like the look of it! Great job 64. I like that better than using puffin.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Yes, the jukeboxes still use Adobe Flash for the time being. It's only the individual song players in the song posts that will use the new HTML5 player. At some point in the future, I will probably use the same techniques on the jukeboxes. But that might be a while. Have to make sure the individual players work right first.

As you've probably noticed, I've fixed the worst of the problems. The player should now look about how it's supposed to and you should be able to play songs, adjust volume, and pause or stop. But I'm still seeing problems with the skip ahead/back buttons ("<" and ">") and the Loop feature doesn't work in some browsers.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

??? Not working for me, looks good, press play and nothing, I have to download to play anything.

Any advice.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

Quote from: Burtog on September 06, 2012, 01:43:27 AM??? Not working for me, looks good, press play and nothing, I have to download to play anything.

Any advice.

As you said 64 can log in through Firefox and can play using old set up.
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Quote from: Burtog on September 06, 2012, 01:43:27 AM??? Not working for me, looks good, press play and nothing, I have to download to play anything.

Any advice.

IE9 Win7Pro  - Click on play and the 00:00 time starts but doesn't start playing. If I use the page compatibility feature, it shows the old player and works fine.

Android V2.3.3 - It was showing the new player at first, and now it flickers between the old player and the error message. I'm thinking about rooting my phone and upgrading using the xda forum, but I'm scared - I really should do it though, because my OS is a little old, it might work with an update.

I can still stream either way no problem.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Burtog

Quote from: launched on September 06, 2012, 02:01:49 AMIE9 Win7Pro  - Click on play and the 00:00 time starts but doesn't start playing. If I use the page compatibility feature, it shows the old player and works fine.

If I click on play the same happens but doesn't play, where is the compatibility feature, I'm not computer literate! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Quote from: Burtog on September 06, 2012, 02:08:10 AM
Quote from: launched on September 06, 2012, 02:01:49 AMIE9 Win7Pro  - Click on play and the 00:00 time starts but doesn't start playing. If I use the page compatibility feature, it shows the old player and works fine.

If I click on play the same happens but doesn't play, where is the compatibility feature, I'm not computer literate! ;D

I've notice that the button does not always show up depending on the setup, but if you have it, it will be located on the right of the address bar in between the magnifying glass and the refresh button. It looks like a sheet of paper with a tear in the middle.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Burtog

Found it and it works,....cheers!!