Main Menu

MP3 help

Started by guitaroscar, February 01, 2009, 02:17:08 PM

guitaroscar

I have created some great backing tracks on my computer and converted them to MP3 then loaded them into the MBR.

Now, this is very handy for practising as I can loop the difficult chord changes etc; but what I want to do is record the heads and solos, using vocal, guitar and sax (not necessarily all on the one song) so that I can create a cd sample to hand out to restaurants and cafes in my town.

How do I do this?
Or better still, is it even possible?

When I try to record in mp3 mode, I can't even get a track to record on, or rather the machine seems to disregard the mp3 accompaniment.

Help Please.
Harry

Glenn Mitchell

There are two basic modes.
1. the mp3 mode that just plays mp3's tho you can play along and slow it down.
2. The recorder mode (The 2 modes are toggled with the mp3 button) where you can add tracks and mix them and then export as a finished mp3 after bouncing and mastering your arrangement
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

64Guitars

You need to import the MP3 file from MP3 mode to multitrack mode. See pages 113 and 114 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

guitaroscar

Thanks for that.  I must confess that I am not a user manual friendly person.  I am the kind of guy who reads the parachute instructions on the way down. :) I'll give it a try and post the work.
Cheers
Harry