Perpetual Motion - a final Falsies song

Started by chapperz66, August 30, 2012, 07:33:31 AM

chapperz66

Perpetual Motion
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I received some devastatingly sad news at the weekend.  My great mate Mark Drozdz, with whom Nicky and I produced the False Prophet music, died suddenly.  I had only been speaking with him on the phone last Thursday, looking forward to finding time to do some more music together.  He had been suffering with a very bad back, but apart from that had not been ill at all.  It appears that he had undiagnosed heart disease resulting in him dying in his sleep some time Saturday.  I guess that is the way to go - but not at 53.

Mark and I had been friends since the first day at senior school - even at 11 we were both long haired guitar players.  We played in bands together (and seperately) on and off and remained good friends ever since despite the fact that we moved to different parts of the country.

I miss him terribly already.

Mark was a very talented guitar player, which meant that I played mainly keyboards when we collaborated.  That is the case with this song which also features Nick (Nightcaller) on vocals and bass.

The song is called "Perpetual Motion." 

Paul Chapman

thetworegs

Sorry to hear of your sad news about your friend Mark....this is a beaut of a song ....and that's some great lead in the solo...the vocals not too shabby either...a real beaut....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

so sorry to hear of your loss paul my thoughts are with you and yours. mark was indeed a very fine guitar player. it is little consolation but his music will live on. cherish it and look after it for posterity.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Paul, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend and musical mate, Mark. He was a very talented guitarist without question. Sorry.....

This song is a good one....it has all the elements that get me going. Great guitar, keys, drums, bass, and excellent vocals to top it off. You are all pro musicians and it's a shame that this is the final Falsies song but it is what it is........I enjoyed them all!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Sad news, very sorry for your loss. Great tune though, brilliant guitar!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Excellent song, with some fantastic guitar playing. Sorry about your friend. Though his death means the end of False Prophet, I hope you and Nick will continue creating music and posting it here.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

launched

Such sad, sad news Paul. I always look forward to the False Prophet posts, hope you and Nick keep at it.

Love everything about this tune, It's awesome!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

chapperz66

Thanks very much for all your kind words.  It still seems a bit unreal that Mark has gone.  I'm sure that Nick and I will produce more music together - but it won't seem quite the same.

Mark's brother has told me that he will pass Mark's recorder to me for a while to see if I can do anything with any unfinished projects I might find.  Serious pressure or what?

All the best

Paul Chapman

SE

Wow I,m so sorry to hear that Mark had passed away, this song is just is just a tribute to him, pure prog magic!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Burtog

:( Sad news indeed Paul!

A great powerful song, really enjoyed the listen, he sure was a good guitar player!!

recorder
Boss BR-800