and you try : by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 23, 2012, 08:11:05 AM

Oldrottenhead

and you try
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 tuned the encore to GGDGBD Open 'G' Tuning  apparently Keith Richard's Tuning. i really need to get a proper acoustic the distance between the strings and the fretboard is unbearable, and the truss rod on the guitar is goosed. well what do i expect from a guitar that cost £10 in a charity shop.

the past is passed
no lessons learned
the same mistakes
are made again
you built your house
upon the sand
when will you ever learn
but you try
oh how you try
you do the best
the best you can
were once a boy
but now a man
you built your house
upon the sand
when will you ever learn
but you try
oh how you try
you struggle on
because you must
still planting seeds
into the dust
but you have hope
and you have heart
you're gonna finish
what you start
and you try
and you try
and you try
w/m
oldrottenhead
encore guitar and voice

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

A real beauty Jim....love those lyrics....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

Jim another braw tell ye maw even yer string scratches are in time lol.
A lovely atmospheric song I love the line "and you have hope and you have heart".
Your one of the songwriters I always look forward to listening to when a new post comes in.
Well done mr rottenheed. :)

Hook

Listened to this yesterday on my phone and love it brother! The way you describe this guitar I'm amazed you can move around the neck at all, yet sound so serene and vibrant. Love this song!
Try On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThe way you describe this guitar I'm amazed you can move around the neck at all
the further you up the neck the higher the strings get, and the sorer my fingers get trying to hold the buggers down. i think that is why i have experimented with so many alternate tunings on it, in an effort to play nearer the machine heads where the strings are not so high.

i really need to get a decent acoustic, and a br 80 and a smartphone and a new combi boiler and a car.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

SE

Hey my ma man I still play your Cd in ma wee motor and your best tunes are played on that guitar and the wee uke never give them up loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

dobrodaddy

I've grown very fond of your vox and lyrics James.  Always soulful!  Love the gtr drone on this.  Very cool!

I suspect even if you got the strings lowered on that gtr, the intonation would be out by quite a bit....  A decent acoustic would make a huge difference - hard to get more out of the gtr if you're fighting it.  Sounds like you may have the makings of a lap-style acoustic.  No action or intonation problems there.  And this tuning would work just fine. 

At least you don't have to worry about fret buzz LOL.  Great song, my friend!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig