'Off with His Head' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, August 20, 2012, 02:52:26 AM

Tangled Wires

Now this is really special, even by your high standards!

Absolutely wonderful verses with the strings and piano giving it such a wonderful soundscape, and the chorus provides the perfect contrast. It all sounds kind of downbeat, but amazingly uplifting at the same time, if that makes sense?

I don't think I can really describe how good this song is, but this is now battling for top spot for me with "Wounded Souls" as my favourite Greeny tune.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Speed Demon

Greeny, you never cease to impress me. One excellent song after another. You are a Music Machine.

Well done!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

bruno

Excellent track Greeny - top notch song. And there's nothing lacking in the piano, it fits the song perfectly - doesn't need anything else!

NB - not sure if you do this - but this is a great trick with keys. I too suffer from lack of keyboard capabilities - but I retune the keyboard to fit the key of the song, the aim is to play everything in Am (= C major) on the keys - but it comes out as whatever the key you are playing in, avoids thinking about those pesky black notes! This doesn't off course work on a real piano though!  ;D

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

Bruno, I just paint the black keys white. Problem solved.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

andy casson

Crikey, this is wonderful! Your keyboard skills sound mighty fine to me (I of course only have 1 working finger where keys are concerned!). It's a great song, with a mesmerising vocal...loved it

andy

Geir

Been saving this for a rainy day 'cause I knew it would brighten it up and maybe even result in a rainbow.

And so it did!

Excellent work Tim !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

I don't do too many OtD Bumps, but feel obliged too here....stunning song!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Stunning indeed. You are an amazing songwriter. Beautiful...

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

knniggits

Some fine lyrics sir. And expertly delivered.
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!