Maybe we can (roll on) - demo accoustic

Started by Daniel Storey, August 15, 2012, 12:33:56 PM

Nelson

Nice song Daniel.
Love the guitar work and the vocals are just perfect.

Cool progression and lyric.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

thetworegs

Good song Daniel like your voice and some great strumming

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Daniel Storey

Hey thanks for all the positive comments guys, really appreciate it! I have only recently got my vibe back on with music, only this time it's hit me like a ten-ton truck! I really have had some amazing feedback from people, serves only to urge me to be better! So much learning to do!

Anyways I am really having some fun with this song, working on my 1st attempt of multi tracking! using the boss BR-80 on live record whilst mixing and playback via my noisey pc! getting the drums from online flash samples :) putting a rough bass line with the accoustic phat string tuned down to Australia, it's by no means perfect, but as a demo it's starting to gain that feel i imagined.

I'll post it soon as it's done :) It's so hot here atm, gonna be working like a dog this afternoon if i attempt to get a decent vocal!!!!

peace
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."

Redler

Catchy and beautiful!! Loved the great guitar tone!! Excellent vocal delivery as well!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Like this a lot. You have a great style and know how to deliver it. Comes across as a blend of Oasis and Crowded House to my ears. Or maybe it was the 'sing like bird released' line that made me think of Mr Finn. Either way, I think it's smashing. And I love how you've recorded and mixed it too. Brilliant.

Daniel Storey

Sorry to bump this, but it only serves to stress how important it is to record and keep (somewhere) a version of evertything you write....

I haven't thought of this tune, in fact, i think i had totally forgotten about it, just had a listen and man i love it, like, did i write this!?

Can't wait to redo it, now i have had 7 months of looking into vocal technique, it's gonna be fun to see how much (if) I have improved...

Long live songcrafters :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."