"Roll on" 1st accoustic demo - written and performed by Daniel Storey

Started by Daniel Storey, August 09, 2012, 02:45:46 PM

Daniel Storey

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

follow the link to listen.....

http://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=q6idq2e5l9c&feature=plcp

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=q6idq2e5l9c

I did try to upload the MP3, but when i press post... nothing happens :(
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."

Redler

What a fine way to introduce yourself... very nice "man and guitar" song! Well performed and your vocal delivery is excellent!! Which recorder do you use? Nice stuff!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Welcome to Songcrafters, Daniel. And nice job on the song.

Quote from: Daniel Storey on August 09, 2012, 02:45:46 PMI did try to upload the MP3, but when i press post... nothing happens :(

Did you click the "Browse" button to the right of the "Attach:" field to select the MP3 file from your computer? Also, the MP3 file's extension must be ".mp3". And check the size of your MP3. The total size allowed per post is 6MB. Larger files won't upload.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Daniel Storey

Hey thanks for the comments guys...

@Kari - I recorded in one take guitar and voice into Boss Micro BR-80 using the built in mic function, then used line in into my pc. (mini jack). added some fx in sequia. The hiss from the line in is outrageous, i had output set on 01/100!!!

@64guitars - yes i tried the upload function, had the file selected, but pressing post either crashed my IE or wiped the file i had selected in the browse box... it is 2Mb - it is .mp3 also  :o

Thanks for the vocal praise :) I have not sang for about 5/6 years, not that i was ever trained, now i have taken to youtube to get a better understanding of how to sing! really unlocking doors and explaining things to me - it's great.

Life is great!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Quote from: Daniel Storey on August 09, 2012, 03:23:48 PMI recorded in one take guitar and voice into Boss Micro BR-80 using the built in mic function, then used line in into my pc. (mini jack). added some fx in sequia. The hiss from the line in is outrageous, i had output set on 01/100!!!

A better way to get your tracks into Sequoia is with the free BR Wave Converter software. It converts the BR's MTR mode tracks from Boss's proprietary format directly into WAV format. You can then easily import the WAV files into Sequoia.

You said you recorded this in one take. Did you use Live Rec mode for that? If so, then your tracks are already in WAV format and you can import them directly into Sequoia.

The BR's Line Out and your computer's Line In are both analog. So the BR must convert its digital tracks into analog and your computer must convert that analog signal back into digital. The BR Wave Converter software skips all that conversion, keeping the tracks digital all the way.

Quote@64guitars - yes i tried the upload function, had the file selected, but pressing post either crashed my IE or wiped the file i had selected in the browse box... it is 2Mb - it is .mp3 also  :o

Try it again on your next one. People have been attaching MP3s here for several years so we know it works. I can't imagine why it didn't work for you but perhaps it was just a fluke and you'll have better luck next time. Also, you can edit any of your own posts at any time by clicking the Modify link at the top-right of your message. So you can add or remove attachments, edit your text, etc.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

henwrench

errrrr..... you are good, mr D Storey. Keep 'em comin'....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: henwrench on August 09, 2012, 04:14:12 PMerrrrr..... you are good, mr D Storey. Keep 'em comin'....

henwrench
Well said !!

And WelCome Daniel !! A great song and an excellent performance !

And instead of using the line-in to the PC you can do as 64G said and use the BR wave converter OR you can just master the song on the BR80 and get a finished WAV-file that you can copy to the computer and convert to mp3 in your favourite SW. I use Audacity (free and easy to use) to trim/normalize the songs I make before uploading them here.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Daniel Storey

Hey - Thanks for all the advice regarding transfer of the files, i'll be sure to look into that over this weekend... really loving the site, some really great advice on here...

:)
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Oh wow... this is great Daniel... Saw your introduction.. had to check out some of your tunage. This'll do just fine around here... more please!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02