Them's Mama's Teeth (ver. 1) -mock dub reggae

Started by chunk, August 08, 2012, 04:29:25 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 08, 2012, 04:50:08 PMFuge? with that time signature?

I believe it's 5/8 with a bunch of phantom notes!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

I've painstakingly transcribed the score for this entire complex piece (attached) and you're right Tod, it is in 5/8.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

Them's Mama's Teeth
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've rehearsed all night and I think I finally got it right. There's a uke, a mando, a beer shaker, beer tambourine, three bass-tracks and some lyric soprano vocal tracks all sped up so it clock in at just over a minute ...

hope you like it:

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Nice job, Geir.  Except for the intro and outro, it reminds me of Flash Harry's unplugged cover of "The Man Who Sold the World".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Gnasty

I have a splitting headache but we shouldn`t be too harsh on this song. It`s very soothing to me.

It`s way better than Autumn song in my opinion.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Geir... Wow... I listened to the entire 1:02 ... didn't think it could get any better... But you my freind have elevated this already brilliant piece into pure bliss!!! Bravo guys... this is pure class... and yes... I believe this is better than the Autumn Song too!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 08, 2012, 06:58:51 PMNice job, Geir.  Except for the intro and outro, it reminds me of Flash Harry's unplugged cover of "The Man Who Sold the World".

I must admit I quoted a bit from Flash Harrys outro of his interpretation of "The man who sold the moon" ::)

I agree with you Gnasty, this is better! I think it has something to do with the production !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Them`s Mama`s Teeth finally spoke! ;D

Pretty cool and crazy vibe on this chunk. How are you creating this may i ask?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

I've split the second version of this awesome song into its own topic so we can keep the comments separate for each version.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15980.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Geir nailed this. Perfect. Thanks for picking up my theme and developing it. It's fabulous! You're such a talented guy Geir, was that Jarle I heard coming in at about 0:22?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.