Tune for wee Bongo - badly recorded

Started by chunk, August 07, 2012, 12:07:45 AM

chunk

Tune For Wee Bongo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
An acoustic tune I wrote with a Scottish flavour in memory of  my wee nephew who sadly died a couple of years ago.  It's really badly recorded. I just couldn't get the sound right.    If anyone would like to have a go at redoing it, I'd be really interested to hear it. Tuning is C A C G C E low to high. Capo at 2nd or 3rd fret, if I remember correctly

Gnasty

What`s so bad about the recording? That`s a real beauty piece you made chunk. Great playing.Nice ode to your
nephew. So sorry. It was a good thing to do this.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

chunk

Thanks for listening. To me it sounds terrible.

64Guitars

I think this is excellent!

If you want to liven up the recording a bit, I'd suggest adding a good dose of reverb. Normally it's not a good idea to go too heavy on the reverb, but it can work really well on an acoustic guitar recording like this. It gives it a sort of haunting, ethereal sound. For example, have a listen to the guitar in this recording of "Loch Lomond" by ex-Bay City Roller Stuart John Wood of Celtic Spirit. The reverb really enhances his guitar.

[grooveshark]31356357[/grooveshark]

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Rata-tat-tat

Chunk... this is a beauty...Not sure what you don't like about this... I did notice some garbling noise maybe coming from the Kapo or a gate of some sort... Sounded as if the notes don't have the sustain you may be looking for... If that's the case I agree with 64... try some verb... might bring it to life!!! Killer tune and a great tribute to your nephew!!! Well done....
recorder
Tascam DP-02

bruno

Lovely tune.

NB It sounds like its got a noise gate on it which is set too high, so cuts the sounds rapidly when it falls below a certain level.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chunk

I think you're right. I've recorded it with a gate or too much compression. I'm an bit of a novice when trying to record with plugin efx.