The Songcrafters Loop project - Let's all get Loopy!

Started by 64Guitars, August 03, 2012, 02:34:15 PM

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Here are a few guitar samples I played on my Godin xtSA. Two are "acoustic" using the xtSA's piezo bridge transducers and the BR-864's acoustic processor effect. The other is from the xtSA's bridge humbucker with the BR-864's wah effect controlled by an EV-5 expression pedal.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

cricket loop 2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
looping is not something i am very familiar with either. anyway whilst in greece i recorded some tree crickets. i could post the whole 3 minute recording. but i cut three parts of various length but the loops seem to loop if uno wot i mean.

as for bpm etc , you will need to ask the tree crickets. but maybe someone can use them for something. if anyone wants the whole recording for ambience. let me know.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Nice one, oldrottenhead. Maybe someone will create some Musique concrète. I wonder how crickets would sound backwards?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SwanSong

looping away (2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This 1 minute or so track is derived from sample.s..i loved the guitar
sound from this software package. amazing how true to life softwares
are making sounds of instruments. dont know the BPM. as everyone
else said whoever wants to use this or if they need more just let me know.
cheers NEIL

64Guitars

Quote from: SwanSong on August 14, 2012, 12:44:07 PMi loved the guitar sound from this software package.

Software package? The idea of this topic is to create our own samples by actually playing instruments, then to combine those member-made samples into a song. The finished song would then be posted in the Original Songs board, not here. This topic is just for posting the member-made samples.

Download the samples that have been posted in this topic so far and see what you can come up with by combining them in your favourite software. Then add vocals, guitar, keyboard, or whatever and post your finished song in the Original Songs board.

And if you want to create some new samples you've played yourself on guitar, keyboards, or whatever, please do. Then upload just the individual samples to this topic so that others can download them and use them in their own songs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SwanSong

HI and thanks for the explanation i m under alot of pain meds. and dont
always understand..from now on i will ask b 4 posting if unsure. and i
do understand this now thanks for explaining. appreciate it NEIL.!

IF U want to delete this that is up to you . no problem on my end

suburban behemoth

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 12, 2012, 05:18:40 PMNice one, oldrottenhead. Maybe someone will create some Musique concrète. I wonder how crickets would sound backwards?

A cricket played backward would be, " Not tonight, dear, I have a headache."
recorder
Boss BR-864

suburban behemoth

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 12, 2012, 05:05:12 PMlooping is not something i am very familiar with either. anyway whilst in greece i recorded some tree crickets. i could post the whole 3 minute recording. but i cut three parts of various length but the loops seem to loop if uno wot i mean.

as for bpm etc , you will need to ask the tree crickets. but maybe someone can use them for something. if anyone wants the whole recording for ambience. let me know.

Overdriving those crickets might make a nice percussion effect  a la cabasa.
recorder
Boss BR-864