Swingin' Your Life By The Tail

Started by henwrench, August 02, 2012, 12:43:09 PM

Gnasty

Glad i heard this! I missed it! Awesome song!

Sounds clearer than a moon driving by in a car farting in the wind.

Without you i would never have dreamed of putting uke in my songs. Your EQ settings have brightened me :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Had to cover it! Frickin' love it!

henwrench

Broadcasting tonight, 17/08/12, BBC Introducing Radio Cornwall 6pm-7pm, or find it on BBC iPlayer...

:D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

I don't get it.... keep listening over and over... don't understand why I like this sooo much, but I do... I do.....

.... Hey ho... here we go... (and again)

Going in my mp3 player, but I'll never get it outta my head if I do lol.

What chord is it that hits on "lives by the sea"?... that really gets me.

henwrench

Quote from: dragonshade on August 17, 2012, 07:38:57 AMWhat chord is it that hits on "lives by the sea"?... that really gets me.

Uke tuned GCEA, 0

it's kind of a B7. One of my favourite chords. Especially on the ukulele.

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

Nice... wish I could ck you out tonight, but in the States.. just checked all my channels, nothing.

Is there a way to download the mp3... I am hooked on this.

Question... using the Hi ho.. here we go.. swingin your life by the tail as the chorus.. there is no change in the chords played during this chorus section? (currently writing my first real full songs, and having issue with the choruses... got great versing but stuck on how to chg the music up into good choruses) Seems you did it fine with the same chords?

LOVE the bass line.

henwrench

Quote from: dragonshade on August 17, 2012, 08:04:43 AMNice... wish I could ck you out tonight, but in the States.. just checked all my channels, nothing.

Is there a way to download the mp3... I am hooked on this.

Question... using the Hi ho.. here we go.. swingin your life by the tail as the chorus.. there is no change in the chords played during this chorus section? (currently writing my first real full songs, and having issue with the choruses... got great versing but stuck on how to chg the music up into good choruses) Seems you did it fine with the same chords?

LOVE the bass line.

should be able to download mp3 from alonetone? Or I can e-mail you one...
     Chords?
         Verse
       Em C D B7
         Chorus
       G D F C Cm

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on August 17, 2012, 06:17:07 AMBroadcasting tonight, 17/08/12, BBC Introducing Radio Cornwall 6pm-7pm, or find it on BBC iPlayer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_cornwall

Not working for me. All I get is "Thank you for choosing to listen to BBC Radio on the internet. Unfortunately, the current program on this station is unavailable. This is either due to contractual reasons or temporary technical fault. Please try again later."

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Thanks for that link, orh! - man, what a breath of fresh air to hear henwrench after the devil's creek blooz band. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase