While the Sun Shines - JK covers OsCKilO

Started by Flash Harry, July 24, 2012, 05:23:22 PM

Gritter

excellent cover of a great song! synth really stands out. Magical.

kenny mac

Great tribute dudes,you guys are the real deal,always look forward to a j kite song in any form. well done.A nd of course all credit to the writer of such a great song.

Geir

Really glad you liked it Tharek !!!

It sure was a special feeling for me too, to sing this song. I really love the original, and I really love the guys in JK !! And it was such a great pleasure when the boys asked if I could do the vocals on this. And frankly a little bit intimidating, as James had done a fab vocal track on it already when I got it.

For those of you that hasn't heard the original, make sure to check it out :

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11435.0

cheers

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

As the sun shines.
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Remix!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gnasty

This is amazingly beautiful you guys! I love this tune and this is a amazing reflection of how great this song is.

Excellent work!!  Every track is perfect!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Wonderful cover and tribute, guys - both mixes sound great to me!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

andy casson

crikey, wonderful! Gonna check out Thareks original in a mo, but this is a wonderful listen. Love the synth work for the chorus! But great vocals, great guitar, I think mix 2 just pips it for me! Bravo guys

andy

thetworegs

Love the blend difference of Jims and Geirs Vocals ....Gets an ooooh Yeah!!!! from me

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ted

The remix is the one to listen to.

This is particularly poignant – knowing the outline of the story of Tharek and his sons, plus having my own fractured relationships with my stepkids from my first marriage. There is a genre for this with no good name: "parental advisory" or "fatherly advice" – songs with messages of love, perseverance, and resilience.

It's a hard genre to pull off well. It can come off trite, or overly sentimental. When done right, the song evokes the helplessness a parent feels imagining their child facing a cruel beautiful world. (A personal favorite is "Oh Lord" by Foxy Shazam.) And, of course, OsCKilO nails it. And the fact that JK chose to cover it very touching. It's a real expression of the personal relationships and compassion that have been cultivated by this piece of software and those who click it's buttons.

Thank you Random Dozen.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac