Collaboration Anyone?

Started by launched, July 21, 2012, 04:26:29 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: Kenny B on August 01, 2012, 01:19:47 PMKind of scary with this MP3 artifact ... does this happen with .wav files too?

As far as I know, it only happens with MP3 files. Any other format should be fine, including other lossy formats such as ogg.

Quote from: Kenny B on August 01, 2012, 01:19:47 PMIs there a way to change the timing from seconds to measures for editing in a drum pattern method?

In Audacity? Not as far as I know. But you could create a click track at one beat per measure for reference purposes. For example, if your song is in 4/4 at 120 bpm, you'd create a click track at 30 bpm. Then each click would mark the start of a measure. You wouldn't want those clicks in your mix, so just click the Mute button for that track to exclude it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Kenny B on August 01, 2012, 01:19:47 PMIs there a way to change the timing from seconds to measures
for editing in a drum pattern method?

I think you can do this by Quantizing or Beatmapping... but I've never tried it. I know ChapperZ has had quite a bit of experience with MIDI and has mentioned quantizing before, but I don't know the specifics. I would recommend using a click as a reference... it's not going to be perfect, but it'll get you close!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Hook on August 01, 2012, 06:16:10 AMLove this so far. Going to put some uke on this afternoon after my gig!

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on July 30, 2012, 12:56:38 AMHere's a drum track... In case anyone wants to mess around with this for sumtin else... I threw some claps in there also... Hope ya don't mind!!! Very kewl groove!!! I like yer style Marky!!!
Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see Hook drooling like a pitbull over a Tbone right now.... LOL.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on August 01, 2012, 01:35:58 PMWell, it just happened to me with Tod's .wav drumtrack

I think what probably happened there is that Tod downloaded your MP3 and recorded his drums to it. Since your MP3 would already have the space at the beginning, his drum track would be offset by the same amount. So it wouldn't matter what format he used, he'd still have the offset because he drummed to the MP3. The added space isn't added by the WAV file, it's in the performance. If you then load that WAV file into your BR with the original tracks, or into Audacity with its original tracks, it won't line up because those original tracks were never in MP3 format so they don't have any extra space at the beginning.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 01, 2012, 03:36:41 PM
Quote from: launched on August 01, 2012, 01:35:58 PMWell, it just happened to me with Tod's .wav drumtrack

I think what probably happened there is that Tod downloaded your MP3 and recorded his drums to it. Since your MP3 would already have the space at the beginning, his drum track would be offset by the same amount. So it wouldn't matter what format he used, he'd still have the offset because he drummed to the MP3. The added space isn't added by the WAV file, it's in the performance. If you then load that WAV file into your BR with the original tracks, or into Audacity with its original tracks, it won't line up because those original tracks were never in MP3 format so they don't have any extra space at the beginning.

64 yer an F'n genius... that's exactly what happened!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 01, 2012, 03:36:41 PM

There's the rub - That's exactly what it was!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

RRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

moon4
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok, messing around with a little bit of Speed Demon's rhythm track he sent me. Trying to keep room available for all that want to pitch in, very fun! And obviously it's been since ported to Audacity, with enough tracks so when I hit the play button there is a two second delay ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Ohhh yes... it just gets better and better. Way to go SE and SD!!! I love these threads where you get to see the song being constructed... Lurkers beware... it's addictive... but well worth the time!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Speed Demon

Anybody working on the fills and solo?

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.