Should I?

Started by Hook, July 20, 2012, 04:33:53 PM

launched

Yeah, now I remember reading about that in in the manual. So it can only be done from the 900 to the mbr but not in a productive way. Thanks for the correction.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on July 20, 2012, 08:12:44 PMThanks Lanched & ORH, I've been thinking about rechargeable ones for a while now. Another drawback to my current portable set up the ps02 uses 4AAA & the 004 uses 4 AA so that's killing me. Plus 9 volts for my guitars, wireless units, batteries suck! I want cold fusion!

You do a lot of your recording in your car, don't you? If so, you should try to find a suitable 9-volt adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter socket (if you have one).

Or how about solar power?

http://www.google.com/search?q=9-volt+solar+panel&hl=en&tbm=shop

Another option (though probably too expensive) is the external battery packs I mentioned in this topic:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=704.msg197405#msg197405

They should hold a charge for quite a long time.

Whatever type of batteries you use, I think you should have an AC adapter too. Use it whenever/wherever it's convenient, like in your home studio. SD cards can get errors when battery power gets low. That's why Roland recommends using an AC adapter whenever you update the firmware. If you get an error while updating, you might not be able to reboot your BR. Of course, there probably won't be any more updates for the Micro BR since it's discontinued, so you'll only have to update once, if at all. But I still think it's wise to use the AC adapter at home when it's convenient. Then you can keep the batteries in the charger so they'll be fully charged when you need portability.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Thanks alot for all your opinions and the overwhelming amount of info!!
64- yes, the overall goal was to be able to record in my car (or anywhere), which I have achieved and should be happy with what I have and can do. I can plug into my car lighter but my 3 cylinder, Kia Model T is just too unreliable to burden with that energy need, when it dies my wife and I share a car I guess, but that would be the ideal power solution. i like to have the adapter and usually always plug in when I can. The solar options are quite interesting & I love the battery pack. I found a charger unit at Radio Shack that charges (I think) 4 AA 4AAA & a 9v all at the same time. It's designed to be a car charger and that's cool for while I'm driving and I have an adapter to plug it in the wall. It was $40 and came with some AAA's & AA's but I want to hit a Batteries Plus store and check out some other options. Just having one unit that only needs 2 AA's is a $ saver even if I don't switch to rechargeable.

What is the link for the current firmware?

I'm still a bit on the fence, I don't need it, I can get my ideas down but I can't always get the sound I desire. Launcheds tune "In My Head" really make me want one! I should have just gone that route in the first place but that would have been wise...I don't think I'm all that wise.
I will keep anyone how cares updated with my silly dilemma!
Thanks again!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on July 21, 2012, 08:30:10 AMWhat is the link for the current firmware?

Links to updates for all of the BRs are on my site:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Updates.html

Unfortunately, only the Roland Germany site has an update for the Micro BR and the instructions are in German. But the update procedure is not difficult and you can figure it out by looking at the English instructions for other BRs. You can learn more about it in this topic:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3553.0

It's pretty sad that Roland has neglected the users of its most popular recorder ever by not making the update available. Why can't Roland US provide a complete archive of all updates for all BRs, past and present, as Roland Germany has done?

It's the same with the BR-80. Version 1.05 has been available since the beginning of June, but only from Roland Germany. Why is Roland ignoring their many English-speaking BR-80 users? Aren't all BR users entitled to the latest updates?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

get the price down and GET IT !!!!

Like James said (and I've said that many times myself) : "the mbr changed my life."

even tho I have the mbr80 I miss the original mbr !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gritter

Stop reading and Get the MBR....pay $150 if you have to. It's well worth it.

Oldrottenhead

YUP LISTEN TAE YER UNCLE SANDY.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I did! They wouldn't budge on the price since it wasn't used but the demo model (scratch & dent). I was a little frustrated but couldn't leave without it.
Thanks again!!!
(hey 64 could you icon me?)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann