John Capulator

Started by Halem, July 12, 2012, 07:19:48 PM

Halem

Hi folks, its been a while!

Time:
0:00
Volume:

I was on the road for nearly a year, just got the chance to finish this track. This one follows the "Man of the morning fog", which is available here and on my alonetone. And it's about John Capulator, the character that goes red line through my songs. This is his 30 sec mspaint sketch:

Walls of text downstairs, beware!

John Capulator is a comics character drawn by my uncle. This is his own description of JC:

well first we must know what John Capulator actually is: he is fear, trouble, uncontrolled emotions, uneasiness, violence and much more like tht tht live in every humn being, if u dont have this all in u - John cant harm u, its the only weapon against him - to go deep in yourself and to get rid of the fear and its offsprings like being dumb, being antgonistic n so on and on and on. now, most people, almost all of us dont go for learning it all, thats why we have fear, thats why some are afraid of the Devil, some of Mara. i prefer to call this something John Capulator, and, unlike Mara or Devil he shows up, he has red hair and droplet-shaped glasses, he wears turtle-neck, he doesnt hate or feels like killing, he is just after the people that cant save themselves from themselves

This song represents some random scenes from the comics, a man watching routine news on tv, a guitarist from funeral band playing by himself after the job on cemetery, a woman crying in her room over her losses, John Capulator being unavailingly chased by the police. This is my attempt to make a music with comics structure, divided into scenes etc.

Lyrics is also written by my uncle, goes like:

Breathe in deeper
 Your lifeline rots
 Your stronghold's bled
 So march in step with us
 Just march and watch your stride
 We are glad to walk this path at last
 Straight path to suicide

Every act here's cApulating
 Every move you make is wasted
 All the dreams and all the hopes
 Will turn to pulp
 And there isn't much of variety:
 The shifting sands are sucking us in
 We are part of consumption society
 Learn to like it, you might,
 you will

For the time is up
 And your life is done
 Capulator's fist shoves you into ground
 He will fuel up tight your hate,
 Well, of course, you deserve your fate
 Deserve your fate.

I've got my friends Stasya on vocals and Arsey on bass.

AndyR

Heard this on alonetone last night.

Wonderful wonderful stuff. :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hi I always love your work (never enough of it). I listened to this at work on pissy little speakers, can't wait to get home and put it on the cans. Top notch............Willy
P.S you had some great help on this. Well done all
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Wanderful tune... love the guitars... the whole progression is Epic as hell... Love it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Just had a listen on the cans. Mega.......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Halem

Thanks for listening guys! I hope my next track won't take a year like this one lol :D

andy casson

Crickey! I am speechless, what a bloody wonderful listen! That classical guitar playing is mind blowing! It's an ambitious piece of writing but absolutely captivated!

Wonderful musicianship and production
Andy

Geir

Like Andy I heard this on Alonetone and I'm totally blown away !! Incredible work !!

piPod bound
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

henwrench

Ace!! Superb on all fronts...