A musical introduction, an other side

Started by HalfBlindLefty, July 03, 2012, 01:31:08 PM

HalfBlindLefty

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I'm a slow-stuff addict and anything that smells just a little floydish gets me ready to go.
The backing to the lead parts started out as a simple midi lead track for a BLues collab. A while after I did the collab I stumbled over the track again and decided to re-add the tracks I removed while they where not bluesy enough.
All played on an Elcheapo keyboard ( Using soundfonts from my midi computer)

After that I used a Roland GR-50 guitarsynth for the flute, a Ibanez acoustic for the first part and one of my strats, The Tokai again, for the electrical lead.

The drop out near the end was beyond repair, but I liked the track way to much to dump it

Here it is :  Despair

[soundclick]10979607[/soundclick]
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Nice airy sounds, really well put together. Great job

NB I'm a big fan of Jap Strats - see my JV Squire!

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=14715.0

:-)
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

HalfBlindLefty

Thanks Bruno  :)

The '84 Tokai is one of a kind for me, came in as my first real lefty around 1995 and will still be here when I'm gone.
My 2011 Fender Avri '62  still gets less playing time as the (much cheaper) Tokai, I'm thinking of having the neck modded to the Tokai's neck shape though.

Well, while I'm at it :)

My main amp, a Fender Cybertwin SE  (This amp is a dream come true for me)

And my eighties  mixer that I use @ home.  my BR is for outside and livingroom use

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Wow - that is some serious equipment! I love fender amps - I've got a Marshall stack (JMC900) but hardly ever use it - I love my green Hotrod!!!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

Lefties rule! Cool tune, and welcome!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

andy casson

Very cool listen Lefty, loved the guitar work, great ambience....looking forward to more!

andy

Redler

Very fine way to introduce yourself!! I liked the mix between guitar and keys!! Nice instrumental tune!!

Kari - another leftie (from Finland).
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Well played Lefty, you,ve the the Floyd vibe going, great listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oh yeah, glad you resurrected this one, it's a gem. I too am an ardent Floyd devotee and enjoy anything that sounds like them. Have you seen the Aussie Floyd or more recently Brit Floyd? if you get the chance check them out, they are two of the best tribute bands around.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800