Voodoo Smile.........The Remix 7/22/12

Started by Nelson, July 03, 2012, 10:46:13 AM

stoman

I thought I had commented before. This is another proof of your great skills in songwriting, Nelson. Don't make yourself small, you REALLY have a LOT of talent!

Regards,
  Steffen

Nelson

Hey guys thanks so much for your time and your encouragement.

Max
The only Fx I used on my vocals is reverb and at the end panned far left and right.
As for my guitar work, ::) lets just call it a work in progress.  :D

Greeny
The first album I heard of Lenny's was Circus and I was hooked. I forgive him his latest transgressions because he's just a rock star doing what rock stars do, giving the people what they want, to keep the money rollin in.
Glad you liked this one.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

AndyR

Yeah, I like this.

Like Greeny, I can hear a Stones vibe. I can hear something else too... what is it? Oh yes, on second listen, I think it's a Dire Straits vibe, song-wise.

And I love those drum and vocal sections too.

Nice one :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Nelson

Quote from: AndyR on July 07, 2012, 12:48:17 AMYeah, I like this.

Like Greeny, I can hear a Stones vibe. I can hear something else too... what is it? Oh yes, on second listen, I think it's a Dire Straits vibe, song-wise.

And I love those drum and vocal sections too.

Nice one :)
Andy
Thanks for stopping by.
Stones and Dire Straits, I'll take that any day.

The original version of this is slower, more jazzy and had no bridge but I didn't feel that would work here.
So, after a heated conversation about songwriting rules, structure and dos and don'ts, the drum and vocal sections were born. In the bridge the word "LIFE" represents my "SONGS" and "ROLLING THE DICE" means taking chances, writing and structuring my songs by feel not always by established rules.

Again Thx
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Rata-tat-tat

My oh my Mister Nelson... I loved the original... this is so rockin good though!!!! I love that little break @ 2:00... Stellar bro!!! You got that rockin knack!!! LOVE IT!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Hell yeah!! I've been looping the Reverb Nation player - Great song, bro! Love the high vocals on the "Voodoo Smile" chorus.

This one is already coming out killer!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

This is stellar song, Mr. Nelson!! You're real songwriter/musician/singer! Nice job all around! Drums and vocals (without guitar) after two minutes gives a nice taste on this! Well done - as always.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on July 09, 2012, 02:18:44 PMMy oh my Mister Nelson... I loved the original... this is so rockin good though!!!! I love that little break @ 2:00... Stellar bro!!! You got that rockin knack!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Hey thanks man.
I'm getting closer to capturing what's in this whacked out head of mine.

Quote from: launched on July 11, 2012, 01:29:32 PMHell yeah!! I've been looping the Reverb Nation player - Great song, bro! Love the high vocals on the "Voodoo Smile" chorus.

This one is already coming out killer!!
Really glad you like it.
I'm slowly trying to expand my vocal chops, thus the higher vocals in the chorus.

Quote from: Redler on July 11, 2012, 01:41:40 PMThis is stellar song, Mr. Nelson!! You're real songwriter/musician/singer! Nice job all around! Drums and vocals (without guitar) after two minutes gives a nice taste on this! Well done - as always.

Kari
Musician?  :)
Well coming from such an awesome musician as yourself, I'll take it.
I was trying to write a proper bridge but nothing felt right so I started experimenting with just drum and vocals.
Glad you liked it.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

thetworegs

I thought i had commented ...Brilliant Lyrics ...a killer Track Nelson....Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Well you've got me hooked, I'd buy the albumn - killer song, beautifully performed and produced and a tone to your voice which is very special. Thanks for posting from Imafan :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça